Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Used and Refurbished Lenses and Cameras

Re: Used and Refurbished Lenses and Cameras

Very useful thread for me. I have to admit that I been wary of used lenses and it is good to see all the votes of confidence about Adorama and their refurbished lenses. I had not considered the whole thing about extra look/time spent on refurbished lenses and that makes sense to me.

Lots of very sound suggestions too about what to consider when buying used.

Thanks,

Rick

Helen,

Do the refurbs come with the full Canon warranty or a limited type warranty? I've also seen other stores sell "white box" lenses, does Adorama have the same type of offerings?

Thanks,
    Luis

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]</o>
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<o><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]</o>
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Dear Luis
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]All the Canon cameras sold by Adorama are refurbished by Canon, and come with a standard3 monthbase warranty - versus 1 year on new&hellip;&hellip;... however, many customers purchase a MACK warranty, which brings the warranty to 3 years, so you actually have a longer warranty than with a new one - and a Refurb item will have been checked by the manufacturer by hand, very thoroughly. So, it could actually turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol!
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]I don't actually know the answer about white box lenses - I'll have to check and come back to you.
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Sincerely
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Helen Oster
    <p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

I've pretty much bought exclusively from Adorama's refurbished section. All you miss is the box, but everything else is perfect. You save a lot and it's not as much risk as a used item.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozimax

I bought a new 70-200 F2.8 IS lens, found it wasn't sharp and sold it. I then purchased a refurbished 70-200 F2.8 non IS from Adorama, and it was perfect in every respect. Saved some dough too. Thoroughly recommended.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks so much for posting about your recent excellent experience purchasing refurbished (recertified) from Adorama Camera.

At Adorama we aim to provide competive pricing andthe highest qualityproducts alongside excellence in customer service; nevertheless,it is really appreciated when our customers can spare the time to let us (and others) know that we are getting it right!

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]www.adorama.com

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com