Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *** Forum Software Upgrade in Progress ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: *** Forum Software Upgrade in Progress ***

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan
    Also, note that I changed the site hosting limits to 4MB max per image and 20MB max overall - a 4x increase.

That would be nice--But no big deal, I still have the main site on my link bar. Also, I really like the new layout of the forums and the storage limits are great too. RSS feeds for individual forums are also very handy and seem to be well tolerated by IGOOGLE---.

Very Nice Work Bryan.

Bob
    Bob

Re: *** Forum Software Upgrade in Progress ***

Bryan,

Scroll-space on any screen is a premium.

I think there is way too much wasted space between posts. I will think of each segment of each post as the "blueback posted by", the "white post body", and the " grey post/cancel" area, and then there is the last item. the "inbetween post" area. The four are very separate in spacing. I have four recommendations.

1st. Decrease the "blueback posted by" section height by 4-6 pixels and increase the font by 1-2 points, or make it bold.

2nd. Decrease the"white post body" section of the first and last carriage returns in the post body. It does not require 2 lines of white space at the top and bottom of each body post.

3rd. Decrease the"grey post/cancel" section height by 4-6 pixels.

4th. Decrease the "inbetween post" sectionheightby 4-6 pixels.

This would yield a much leaner and meaner scrollable site, and much easier to read.

2 pennies