Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which accessory to get

I bought a BR 4 strap , I find it extremely convenient.
    my camera now hangs by my side while I walk the dog.

The 100-400 was no problem, I found heavier the lens the nicer it rests by your side. a light lens on the camera (like my efs 55-250) tends to bounce as you walk

No experience with the grip.. but I think there's a reason the ebay grips are under $100 including battery , I'm a pessimist and would save for genuine grip despite ridiculous higher price.
    Last edited by Kombi; 03-21-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Normally I just carry it in my right hand. That's why I would vote for a batterygrip over a strap.
    Is that because the grip provides the lower attachment for the E1 hand strap? If so, it's no longer an issue, sort of... The E1 has been replaced by the E2, which comes with a lug which attaches to the tripod socket.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Is that because the grip provides the lower attachment for the E1 hand strap? If so, it's no longer an issue, sort of... The E1 has been replaced by the E2, which comes with a lug which attaches to the tripod socket.
    No I just use the normal neckstrap. I think I don't really like having the camera around my neck or hanging anywhere. I like it the most to carry a lens by the tripod collars. However I don't really have lenses that need it I have thought about the handstrap, but am not convinced about that either.
    I only use the neckstrap if I need to climb a tree for example and I need both hands. But maybe it's all because I don't have the larger lenses? Good possibility.

Couldn't someone just buy a screw to attach to the tripod socket and attach the original Canon neckstrap to it? Or even buy the genuine BR screw and make a DIY strap?

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Couldn't someone just buy a screw to attach to the tripod socket and attach the original Canon neckstrap to it? Or even buy the genuine BR screw and make a DIY strap?
    This is kind of what I've been thinking. And might look into, I feel like making a strap like that wouldn't be that hard and could be done for way less $.

If you get a good deal on the BR get one. I got mine with a discount on amazon and it was fantastic. Expensive still but well worth the money. I think if you get one and attach the camera to it, you'll have much more faith in it than anything knocked up yourself.

The BR would be my recommendation for the above reason. YOu can even lock it in place behind your back for climbing ladders and trees etc.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    Anybody ever check out Carry Speed Straps? They look just like BR. But cheaper. And there newest design looks better to me than a BR