I have been travelling up to the Museum Of Natural History for two days now because I got obsessed with this incredibly weird Baboon. His mounth is terrifying, his eyes look so sad (this is a dead animal on display in one of the staircases, not really a main attraction).

Here's the problem. Yesterday I went and took a shot. The mouth was in focus, the rest was not (picture is here: http://community.the-digital-picture...x?PageIndex=26 halfway on the page).

I went back today, to re-do it nd make sure everything was okay. I decided to shoot at F8, which should be more than enough, right? Wrong. Now, the eyes are in focus and the mouth is not. Is it because I am too close to the monkey? That's it, isn't it? I need some tips because no matter what I do, I cannot get the entire monkey in focus. And I can get as close or as far away as I want. I can lick it if I have to.

Tips?

This is the picture from today: (Oh the monkey is up against a white wall with glass next to it and loads of daylight so it's a horror to shoot it anyway because of the enormous contrast and the reflectve surface behind it that I want to keep out of the picture).

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.11/natuurhistorischmuseum_2D00_14.jpg[/img]