Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Annoy a Photographer

Re: How to Annoy a Photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasphotog
    Bystander) I have a camera in my phone...

And it does a slightly better job taking pictures than the 400 f/2.8 does making a phone call.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

What kills me is the people jumping into the aisle in front of me at weddings to get a shot of the bride on their camera phone. Then they want to show it to me later like I might need it to complete my assignement.

It's true the 400 f/2.8 doesn't make good very clear phone calls, but it can be used to set ants on fire in a pinch.

It's true the 400 f/2.8 doesn't make good very clear phone calls, but it can be used to set ants on fire in a pinch.

Damn. I think you just pushed a few posters into the decision to buy. Does Sports Illustrated quality action shots, AND satisfies the pyro we like to tell others we left behind in childhood.

Good thing for the insects around here that my buying spree has ceased for the foreseeable future... On lenses anyway. I've got to save up to replace the printer that my future ex-wife is going to extort in in the promise of minimizing my future legal fees. Pay the lawyer first... Sure costs a lot to argue about nothing.

Until that time, I can get by with a can of WD-40 and a lighter []

A couple of years ago, while photographing my friends' 2 year old, a cute little girl, she spat into my camera with a mixture ofsaliva and yogurt (I think). Thank God for UV filters. I think they should be obligatory when photographing kids.

Let them buy a &pound;2064 5D markii, then bring out a &pound;1042 7D mark i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Quote Originally Posted by SMcLaren

Let them buy a &pound;2064 5D markii, then bring out a &pound;1042 7D mark i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

apples/oranges full frame/crop

And put weather sealing "equivalent to the legendary EOS&ndash;1N" in it!!!! [8o|]

I totally understand the questions about the 400mm f/2.8. I used it this weekend at my duaghter's soccer tournament and it generates the strangest questions.

Bystander) How much does that thing cost?

Me) Around seven grand.

Bystander) Are you crazy? How many megapixels is it?

Me) The lens is 400mm and the camera is 22 megapixels.

Bystander) That's stupid. Do you take pictures up thier noses or something?

Me) It's the same equipment SI uses to capture action sports. It's great in low light and produces amazing images

Bystander) I have a camera in my phone...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Oh ,you just made me spill my drink I laughed so hard! That is so hilarious but so true. My husband is one of those who just uses iphone and is quite happy with it[]. (He is also not allowed to touch my equipment as he changes my settings and that annoys me). I on the other hand spent all day talking about the new lens that just came out, the new 100L. He must have felt like I do when he talks sports [:'(] I lost him at "Canon just came with..." I am happy I can "cheat" at this forum[]

Quote Originally Posted by BES

Oh ,you just made me spill my drink I laughed so hard! That is so hilarious but so true. My husband is one of those who just uses iphone and is quite happy with it[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]. (He is also not allowed to touch my equipment as he changes my settings and that annoys me). I on the other hand spent all day talking about the new lens that just came out, the new 100L. He must have felt like I do when he talks sports [:'(] I lost him at "Canon just came with..." I am happy I can "cheat" at this forum[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

If you don't already have a macro, you can tell him that, from an audiophile's perspective (mine), you really do need that lens. I'm starting to wonder if I might need that lens more than my 180mm macro....

I should sit on it for awhile.

One way is how ignorant people think its easy just to "point and click" with a good camera. This is what my family says,,, huh being the middle child is bad...

How to annoy a photog?

• wear plaid to a portrait shoot
    • Ask questions like, "hey bud, you sure you got that thing in auto mode?"
    • spill a beer on his new 7Dto see if its really "sealed like the legendary 1N"
    • before he shoots the first frame of your portrait session, loudly state that you "are going to whiz" and trip over his lightstands on your hurried way out
    • ask the guy at the sidelines with the 1D3 and 400 2.8 if this is the first game he has ever shot