Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Westfall's October Tech Tips - Attention 7D Owners

Re: Chuck Westfall's October Tech Tips - Attention 7D Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Oren
    Sorry for the off topic... Mark - do you find it, when folded, too long or too big in diameter?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    Not at all []

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    My idea for controlling it is to hold down the "set" button while you spin the top wheel to set ISO compensation (since the top wheel normally controls ISO already).

Fine for a retrofit. But what I would like to see is another position on the dial. "Aperture priority" and "shutter priority" are legacy names from back before the camera could control iso. Aperture priority really means "camera picks the shutter." Shutter priority means "camera picks the the aperture." I'd like a knob for "camera picks iso" (and I specify the other two.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    [*]Us: We want Auto ISO! We want Auto ISO![*]Canon: FINE! Here's your stinking Auto ISO.[*]Us: Thanks, but it doesn't work in Manual mode.[*]Canon: OK, OK. Here, now it works in Manual mode.[*]Us: Thanks again, but it doesn't have Auto ISO balance control.

Then:

Canon: Okay, have your lousy Auto ISO balance control.

Us: Thanks yet again, but you made it so Auto ISO balance only works in live view mode.

Etc. []

I see what you mean. Previously, when Auto ISO wasn't working in manual mode, I saw little need for any EC in that mode. It would just offset the exposure meter, but you could just as well use +1 (or whatever) as a reference manually. Not so with Auto ISO.

Since you are in manual mode, you can't use exposure lock either, something which otherwise for the first time could make some sense, when ISO is automatic.

Besides, I didn't literally mean that there weren't enough buttons to make an EC in manual mode, just that the way you normally do it is indeed occupied with another task.