Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Am I dreaming or did I really spend 8 grand on gear?

Re: Am I dreaming or did I really spend 8 grand on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Listening to what this group buys, you'd never know we were in a recession...we alone may be the cause of the economic recovery!

YES!!, i think its a matter of putting "wants" before "needs"...hehe,...some would rather have that "L" lens before they eat for a month or two!

heheheheeee....I know the feeling!!!!!

Wicker, those shots are nice and sharp. I'll definitely be visiting the zoos this winter break.

Scott, most people don't get 24 months of navy college fund back pay parked into their checking account either. I don't save money very well, it's a fact I'm sorry to live with so it was either camera gear or junk that wouldn't mean much to me. Those pics of Yosemite I took was after a back packing trip from Glacier Point to Half dome and back in one day. I carried 3 gallons of water for my party as well as 4 liters for myself, plus camera gear and food. 40 pound bag, 20 mile hike and completed in 8 hours. I'm not too worried about carting gear, but I do plan on taking lots of photos

I started this thread to see what kind of advice others could offer so that I could better prepare for my road trip. I have a little bit over one year before I hit the road and figured I should learn what I can now and use the extra time to practice. So far I've been getting some good advice and a couple of good book suggestions. Looking into one book allowed me to find Ansel Adam's, The Making of 40 Photographs. I have a feeling that book, especially, is going to be very useful because of my plans. Thanks for all the advice, so far, folks.

This leads me to another question for people. Please share your favorite park: National, State, or Regional. What is it about the park that inspires you? This will help me research my destinations.

You have already seen my favorite national park. Half dome is a fun climb. Timed myself, hoping to beat my time next year.

Monterey and all thecoastalareas are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ovick
    some would rather have that "L" lens before they eat for a month or two!

New personal dieting plan I think! Now I'll get those new CyberSyncs AND loose 10 lbs at the same time!