Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you name your photography equipment?

Re: Do you name your equipment?

I saw a person with a 1200mm f/5.6on a 1dS mark 4in a baby carage and was saying "Is the noise sweet enf fo yu smithor wound you lik'e the the 1dS mark'o 5 !?!" I was so temted to ask if Icude try it out, but I deced that he was probley a spy or somthing...

LOL LOL LOL & LOL[]

Re: Do you name your photography equipment?

My shiny new 24-70 2.8 get's called "The Monster" a lot, because that's what it feels like next to the 50 1.8, 18-55 IS, and 85 1.8.

However that's not really a name. Only my computers are named, at least since I switched to Unix-based operating systems that expect some hostname (and neither "localhost" nor "Colin's MacBook" are particularly practical).

Then again, a computer surely qualifies as photography equipment … either via PhotoShop, or via PhotoBooth ;-)

Ciao, Colin

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    I named my compound bows Emmy Lou and Esmerelda. The newest one hasn't chosen a name yet. Neither have the long bow or the recurve.

Ahhh good to see another archer amongst us. I haven't shot in about2 years but was right into it for many years. I shot for Merlin archery for 2 years and managed a 1st in the IFAA worlds twice (junior freestyle - 4th in mens the following year so wasn't quite up to the standard). Then I went off to university and studied and it all slowly slipped away.

You've inspired me now Colin... I'm gonna drag the old girl out and have a shoot directly!!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor

Ahhh good to see another archer amongst us. I haven't shot in about2 years but was right into it for many years. I shot for Merlin archery for 2 years and managed a 1st in the IFAA worlds twice (junior freestyle - 4th in mens the following year so wasn't quite up to the standard). Then I went off to university and studied and it all slowly slipped away.

You've inspired me now Colin... I'm gonna drag the old girl out and have a shoot directly!!!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ah, then I look up to you! I'm working my way up to mediocre. But it's fun, and keeps me in touch with an interesting crowd. I should combine it with the photography more often.

If you're in the Santa Cruz Area, maybe we can collaborate, or at least shoot stuff.

I wants me some pigs!