Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A beginner with high aspirations

Re: A beginner with high aspirations

Personally, I shoot in Manual mode about 95% of the time (if not more). It's easier to get consistant results from shot to shot that way (at least for me). I also set my own Kelvin white balance (although I've been known to keep that a bit too warm on occasion...color blindness doesn't help).

I'm so glad that you mentioned that Sean! Another color blind in the forums.

Do you find that your color blindness causes any problems with your work? And what type of color blind are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston
    M- Manual. User defines Shutter speed, aperture, ISO.

Side note: With the scrolling wheel you can change or shutterspeed or aperture, andI do think you need to push the AV mode button and at the same time use the scrolling wheel to change the other one independently. I'm not 100% sure, because it's been a long time since my 450D

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by jeustace
    I'm so glad that you mentioned that Sean! Another color blind in the forums.

Haha I think a lot umong us are colorblind...

Quote Originally Posted by jeustace
    Do you find that your color blindness causes any problems with your work? And what type of color blind are you?

I personally haven't had much trouble with it (or nobody tells me that I'm doing something wrong). I know how something looks like normally(in my eyes []) and I adjust my settings to that. But I can understand Sean's white balance problem. I personally don't change a lot to the white balance so I don't know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

I personally haven't had much trouble with it (or nobody tells me that I'm doing something wrong)
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

It's all wrong! Just Wrong! Lol jokes

Mike[]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    you need to push the AV mode button and at the same time use the scrolling wheel to change the other one independently

Thats right, Jan. Forgot to mention it.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro