I absolutely swear ...if I did not have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!!

I was practicing on-camera flash this morning and all was fine and now my flash has stopped working!! My first wedding shoot is in a week and I desperately need to make this thing work! Please, any suggestions of what I should do??? I cannot afford to buy a new one right now and spending $70 to rent one isn't exactly in my budget either ...an unemployment check only stretches so far and right now I'm trying to scrap together any extra money I have for new meds for my dog so I can't go spending it on a new flash!

My daughter is going to be using the 430 EX II so I need this flash to work (reliably)!

It turns on but doesn't fire. Pilot light stays red. It doesn't do anything when I press the dof preview button on the camera. I have tried everything, changing batteries, cleaning the contacts. The batteries work fine in the 430 and the 430 works fine on-camera. I tried firing it on-camera and wirelessly ...nothing!

I'm almost in tears here, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Denise