Page 340 of 558 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

+1 on what Pat said.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    In one of my blog posts I said that one of my (realistic) goals was to have 100 decent hummingbird shots before the end of the season. I am currently up to 72 I think, so I have some serious work ahead of me this weekend.

Bob
    72!? I had a hb in my backyard continuously from sunrise to sunset all season long and I think I ended up with about 5 - 8 keepers! And they were only considered keepers out of desperation to end up with something! I agree, I bet you are well past 100 for what the rest of us would be proud to have taken!

Good luck this weekend, Bob but I think you are way to hard on yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    72!?
    ..... but I think you are way to hard on yourself!
    Hmmm...seems to be a common problem here at the TDP forums. Perhaps a symptom of "L" disease?

"5-8 keepers" I've seen more than that go by......

I agree, anyone who is passionate about what they do will always be their own toughest critic. Nothing wrong with that, it keeps you interested and it keeps you striving ahead trying to acheive that "perfect" shot. If and when you get there it is very satisfying to see your hard work and persistance pay off and I sometimes learn to appreciate that the journey is as meaningful as the destination. Good for you Bob

I love all of them but I must say, this one is my top favorite!! Beautiful capture, Joel!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    Hmmm...seems to be a common problem here at the TDP forums. Perhaps a symptom of "L" disease?
    You may be on to something

72!? I had a hb in my backyard continuously from sunrise to sunset all season long and I think I ended up with about 5 - 8 keepers! And they were only considered keepers out of desperation to end up with something! I agree, I bet you are well past 100 for what the rest of us would be proud to have taken!

Good luck this weekend, Bob but I think you are way to hard on yourself!
    Thanks DD for the vote of Confidence, But seriously, I just haven't been able to get that dang Ghosting problem I am obsessed with.

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke View Post
    +1 on what Pat said.
    Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    If you took the best of those 500 @#$%^&* shots and posted it, I bet a whole lot of people here would wish they could get one that good. You are going to be your worst critic.

Pat
    Thanks again, guys and perhaps I am my own worst critic---aren't we all?---I guess that is what keeps us in the game.

On a positive note: I was out shooting at 6:00 am this morning and I think I got some winners. I shot about 700 frames and no ghosting. The birds were very active and I even had one land on my coffee cup. The main thing I changed was my shutter speed, i took it back up to 1/250th and I placed three lights on the bird and one on the background. I am still uploading them, so give me a couple of hours and I'll get a few more posted, Until then, Here is one. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Bob
    Last edited by bob williams; 08-31-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    Bob

On a positive note: I was out shooting at 6:00 am this morning and I think I got some winners. I shot about 700 frames and no ghosting. The birds were very active and I even had one land on my coffee cup. The main thing I changed was my shutter speed, i took it back up to 1/250th and I placed three lights on the bird and one on the background. I am still uploading them, so give me a couple of hours and I'll get a few posted. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Bob
    Congrats on a very successful morning! I am looking forward to seeing the results!

Nice hummer! That may be my favorite. I was really excited about trying hummers again this year, but with the drought in Missouri, I have had so many other animals (mammals, bees, wasps) on my feeders other than hummers to make a serious effort. Most mornings I find my feeders on the ground with a broken chain. I assume raccoons are doing this, as the squirrels have never been strong enough to break my chains in the past.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

You may be on to something

Thanks DD for the vote of Confidence, But seriously, I just haven't been able to get that dang Ghosting problem I am obsessed with.

Thanks again, guys and perhaps I am my own worst critic---aren't we all?---I guess that is what keeps us in the game.

On a positive note: I was out shooting at 6:00 am this morning and I think I got some winners. I shot about 700 frames and no ghosting. The birds were very active and I even had one land on my coffee cup. The main thing I changed was my shutter speed, i took it back up to 1/250th and I placed three lights on the bird and one on the background. I am still uploading them, so give me a couple of hours and I'll get a few more posted, Until then, Here is one. Thanks again for the encouraging words.

Bob
    Super image, a Rufous I presume, really very very nice......problem solved

Bob
    This is fantastic Bob! I hope you plan on making an enlargement of this if you have not done so already!!