Page 342 of 558 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Those hummingbird photos are really really good! All the practice pays off I see I would normally prefer natural light, but the light of the flashes is well done, not that artificial at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Those hummingbird photos are really really good! All the practice pays off I see I would normally prefer natural light, but the light of the flashes is well done, not that artificial at all.
    Thanks Jan, I don't like it either when the flash is too overbearing or artificial looking.

Here are some more from this AM. Not quite as good as yesterday----I am running out of different kinds of flowers, perhaps its time for a run to the garden store.

I normally don't like to post feeder shots, But I couldn't help myself in this case:

and one more---sorry, no flowers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1088489438-4.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	1362  
    Bob

I really like the second one in the series.....perfect angle with the bird facing toward the camera, awesome!!!!

Thanks Joel, BTW, I really like working with the printed background, so much easier to light. I even ordered another print today---this one is primarily green bushes, with no blue, yellow or red flowers. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot with it tonight or tomorrow..

P.S. Norma and I just bougt 80 lbs of fresh roasted green chile; i'll be bagging and freezing them this afternoon
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Thanks Joel, BTW, I really like working with the printed background, so much easier to light. I even ordered another print today---this one is primarily green bushes, with no blue, yellow or red flowers. Hopefully I'll be able to shoot with it tonight or tomorrow..

P.S. Norma and I just bougt 80 lbs of fresh roasted green chile; i'll be bagging and freezing them this afternoon
    Lovely shots, Bob! Hard to decide which I like best ...I love them all!!

Printed backgrounds? Could you elaborate? Are these large size shots that you have taken and printed or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Thanks Mark---No printing yet; I'm going to see what else the weekend brings.
    Bob, Adoramapix has a great sale right now on prints. I believe 16x20s are $5.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Lovely shots, Bob! Hard to decide which I like best ...I love them all!!

Printed backgrounds? Could you elaborate? Are these large size shots that you have taken and printed or something else?
    Thanks DD, and your right, I went out and took some blurry pictures of bushes, flower plants, trees etc just anything that would look like a real (but OOF) background. I picked my favorite out of the bunch and had it printed at staples (use matt finish if available). The first one I printed was 24x36, but I realized it doesn't need to be that big if shooting at 400 or 500 mm. The one I printed today is only 18x24 and half the price. I paid a little extra to have it printed and picked up in one day, but I think Zenfolio, Costco or any of the big box stores are cheaper if you don't mind waiting. I also bought a black foam core board to mount the background on, so I put my big print on one side and two smaller prints on the other---that way I have 3 or maybe 4 different background on one board.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Bob, Adoramapix has a great sale right now on prints. I believe 16x20s are $5.
    There ya go DD, Thanks Jayson, great tip.
    Bob

Does this count???? I think I counted 24 Vultures on my neighbors house one morning last fall.

I don't take too many pictures of birds, so this is my best

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colin's-House.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	1363
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Does this count???? I think I counted 24 Vultures on my neighbors house one morning last fall.

I don't take too many pictures of birds, so this is my best

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colin's-House.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	184.9 KB 
ID:	1363
    WOW! Buzzards everywhere. Is there a dead elephant in someone's backyard?