Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Nice smooth blue tones Jan. I like your long exposure HDR image as well in the other thread, I am going to have a go at some of those.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Thanks Steve! Actually it does look quite blue, but I didn't change that much to the photo really. White balance was cloudy, camera style "portrait"(no kidding), pushed the whites just a little and blue tones are even dialed back a little That's it...
    Good luck with your photos! I like your long exposure shots already so I'd like to see what comes out next

Edit: Oh yea and I added a digital gradual filter(ND) on the top to make the clouds a little darker and more intense.

Took this HDR shot of a rainbow over our house during a storm just before sunset last night using the Sigma 8-16mm

This is the remnants of hurricane Isaac!

Last edited by Joel Eade; 09-03-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Jan - That is a nice relaxing shot... I like the colors.

Joel - Nice rainbow... the arch is placed just right.

The sunrise and sunset was great the other day. The first one was how the day started - It is mostly silhouettes, but I wanted to recreate the great colors and cloud textures which made everything else a silhouette. The second was the ending of the day (unfortunately I missed the peak of the color on this one).

Tippy Pond Sunrise-9280 by westmichigan, on Flickr

Dorner Lake Sunset-9347 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Hi, I have a thing for sea (lake) landscapes and great photos keep coming in this thread.

@Jan: That shot of the lake is kind of spooky. It's a beautiful shot, but I'm not too sure I'd want to go there.

@Pat: The first sunrise shot is spectacular. The sky and the reflection are great, and the floating branch in the foreground really adds a lot.

The other night I went down to the shoreline where I live just to relax a bit. There was nice golden light just before sunset and I was also hoping for some good full moon shots. I thought I'd share a few of the resulting shots:

The sea was calm and there were some nice clouds. I didn't have much else to do while waiting so of course I snapped a few shots.

The full moon showed up right after the eastern sky turned into pink at sunset. This one's pretty much what I was hoping for.

Soon it was getting darker and this is one of the last before I went home again.

Thanks for viewing!

Great shots here.
    Love the light on the trees and house Joel and the double bow, nice.
    Gorgeous reflections Pat, that sky really lit up.
    Really like the middle one cls, beautiful tones and minimalism to perfection.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

CLS...nice work...I like all three, especially the detail in the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    ...I have a thing for sea (lake) landscapes and great photos keep coming in this thread.
    I agree with your sentiments regarding bodies of water in landscapes, and your three are very nice. Great reflections in all of them, and I love the color in the second one.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

The sunset here this evening was stunning. We're in the dry season so haven't seen any clouds for six months or so, this was a nice change today. Spring is definitely here. Took this pic (and a million others), been using magic lantern's firmware and took the opportunity tonight to test out the bulb ramping function for the intervalometer. Worked really well, will post the video up if it turns out ok.

Cheers, Ben.

First clouds for a while... by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    The sunset here this evening was stunning. We're in the dry season so haven't seen any clouds for six months or so, this was a nice change today. Spring is definitely here. Took this pic (and a million others), been using magic lantern's firmware and took the opportunity tonight to test out the bulb ramping function for the intervalometer. Worked really well, will post the video up if it turns out ok.

Cheers, Ben.
    Wonderful colors. I love it when the setting sun gets under the clouds like that.
    flickr