Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Landscape...

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Wonderful colors. I love it when the setting sun gets under the clouds like that.
    +1 - Great sky!

Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
    Wonderful colors. I love it when the setting sun gets under the clouds like that.
    Absolutely. I was hanging clothes out in the afternoon and looked up and saw a beautiful blanket of high clouds across the whole sky and instantly got excited hoping to get a half interesting sunset shot.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Apologies for posting the same pic twice but I got Adobe Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 running on the Macbook Pro last night. Aperture didn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings in it's ability as an image editor so I've gone back to Adobe - I'm much happier.

So I got the same pic out and had another go at an edit - I must say I'm out of practice in the editing department. Has been far too long. Anyway here's the new edit:

First clouds for a while_edit by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

Here's the old one for reference:

First clouds for a while... by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr

So which one do you guys like better? I feel like I've blown out the highlights in the yellow a bit too much in the new edit and need to bump up the saturation slightly in the reds/oranges as well because in all honestly it's probably less vibrant in this pic than it was in real life.

Thanks for looking! Ben.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

New is better than old. Nice job! I like the colors better.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Apologies for posting the same pic twice but I got Adobe Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6 running on the Macbook Pro last night. Aperture didn't give me any warm and fuzzy feelings in it's ability as an image editor so I've gone back to Adobe - I'm much happier.

So I got the same pic out and had another go at an edit - I must say I'm out of practice in the editing department. Has been far too long. Anyway here's the new edit:

Here's the old one for reference:

So which one do you guys like better? I feel like I've blown out the highlights in the yellow a bit too much in the new edit and need to bump up the saturation slightly in the reds/oranges as well because in all honestly it's probably less vibrant in this pic than it was in real life.

Thanks for looking! Ben.

I'm undecided, they are both great in slightly different ways. The new one has more pop, and I like the reds and more natural tones in the older one
    Arnt

Ben,
    have you considered using Photoshop as an external Editor for Aperture? I'm curious how that works.
    Arnt

I did but there's still a lot of functionality aperture doesn't have that I really like about Lightroom. Two big ones for me that I use often in Lightroom are the graduated filter and noise reduction.

I'm certain it's possible because most of adobe's products are compatible with apple products (e.g. Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro X work well together) but I'm using a bunch of Adobe products so I'm going to keep it all under the one roof so to speak.

Ben, I am partial to the new one. I am not sure if it would do anything to help your processing, but have you ever tried LAB color boosting your photos? I just was playing around with this the other day and was very impressed at what a little work with it can do. These are 1.straight from camera, 2.boosted in lightroom, 3.then LAB boost in photoshop. Not the best picture and I may have went over the top with the color (probably should have changed the layer opacity), but I liked the way it popped. If you are adding saturation or vibrance alone, the fine details are totally screwed up.

Haven't played with that Jayson but it looks like it could work nicely. I'll have a play when I get home. Cheers!

Sunrise this morning over some windmills that have been installed this summer.

Sunrise Over Windmills-9827 by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr