Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I hate this screen. It is too much trouble to find the latest posts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	73
    When I click the "Whats new" or "New posts" buttons I get a more usable screen, however, earlier in the day it showed lots of new things that are not there now. I did not get a chance to read them.

Name:	New.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	74
    I would prefer to just see the most recent to the oldest post. All of them. Is there a way to do this?
    Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	73
    When I click the "Whats new" or "New posts" buttons I get a more usable screen, however, earlier in the day it showed lots of new things that are not there now. I did not get a chance to read them.

Name:	New.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	74
    I would prefer to just see the most recent to the oldest post. All of them. Is there a way to do this?
    Mark
    I agree with you, Mark! I know i'm still getting used to the new layout and finding my way around. In time, I am sure I will get used to it. Right now, I feel like there is a detachment somehow from the community. I was going to comment on your post shortly after you posted it but I went and read something else first, when I came back your post was gone from the "home?" screen I was looking at when I saw it originally. It took me awhile but at least I did locate it! But hey ...I've been known to get lost in a building that only has two floors! YEAH EMOTICONS!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post

Mark
    I love the "New Posts" page. It lets me pop in, see what's new, and selectively read what I want without missing any new threads. Whatever gets added to the site, please don't remove this page!

It's amazing how much of a difference the "View First Unread Post" button does!

I'm myself again! And with my post count. Somehow I was cloned and there two Rocco's, making password reset impossible. ("There can only be one!") Thanks again for setting that straight Bryan.

Thank you Bryan,

As others have mentioned the new forum has a clean look and is much quicker. In a couple of weeks I am sure everyone will be right at home again. Great job!

Rocco, good to see you are you again!

Smile

I am on now
    Mark

I just tried a short post. Got an error message: 'reply too short, must be at least 10 characters long'
    Mark

Speed

The speed of this interface is impressive. vBulletin has been around almost as long as there have been forums and definitely has had time to mature. This is my first experience with it on a smartphone and the difference on this site is substantial.

I wish we could have avatars back. Is that a possibility Bryan? I can get to the section to edit an avatar, but I don't see the option to add one.

P.s. travel safely.

Rocco

I'm loving the new digs here. But is anyone else experiencing page load timeouts? Just today, on the iPad and on the Mac, pages aren't loading. I have to click stop, refresh, etc. over and over and eventually it works.

(It's happening as I try to post this message too...)