Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canon 1D Mk III

Re: Canon 1D Mk III

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    The 1Ds Mark IV is overdue from the past release time frames.

The 1D IV was one year overdue, historically Canon released the 1Ds six months after the 1D. If that patern is true then you won't see a 1Ds IV in about six months. But since Canon has never done that before it's hard to tell when they will release it. It could also be released with thenew super-telephoto Canon was braging about early this year so mabye they will release the 1Ds IV only a couple of months later than the 1D IV and the 5D III won't have to outperforme there 1Ds III. I don't think will be looking at a year, it screws everything up and dosn't make much sense to release it that late.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

The 1D IV was one year overdue, historically Canon released the 1Ds six months after the 1D. If that patern is true then you won't see a 1Ds IV in about six months. But since Canon has never done that before it's hard to tell when they will release it. It could also be released with thenew super-telephoto Canon was braging about early this year so mabye they will release the 1Ds IV only a couple of months later than the 1D IV and the 5D III won't have to outperforme there 1Ds III. I don't think will be looking at a year, it screws everything up and dosn't make much sense to release it that late.

John.

John

I waited a year of the 1Ds IV. It never appeared. But....I know now that next month it will be released. You could bet money on it. Here is the proof.

I gave up and went ahead and bought the 1D IV last week. I would have never bought it if the 1Ds IV had been released. So knowing how things work for me it is inevetable. The 1Ds Mark IV will be announced in February of this year and I will be kicking myself for not waiting one more month.

(You can also bet that it will not be released in the next few weeks, during the 1D Mark IV's return period)

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade

Denise,

If you call Lensrentals.com on the phone you could probably get a rental camera body by this weekend ... they are in Memphis and the times I have used their services they were very quick .

PS I was born in Milwaukee .... Go Packers!!!!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Oh, believe me I thought of renting but once I looked at the prices (OUCH!), I knew that wouldn't fly with my boss! He sees no difference in a 7d and a p&amp;s! So yep, in 3 hrs., I'm taking photos with the P&amp;S!

BTW - Thanks for being a loyal Packer fan! Right now it is crazy in Wisconsin ...this is bigger than the Super Bowl! <span style="font-size: large;"]<span style="color: #339966;"]GO PACK GO!!!!