Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BYCS...also, SYSHTUYCS!

Re: BYCS...also, SYSHTUYCS!

Hi John:

My grandfather taught me that one of the best ways that we learn is from our mistakes, and it was a very sad day when we learned nothing.

Fred Sleeper

(as long as we are big enough to admit making mistakes) So we all learn from Johns mistake, at least he had his cell with him!

I'll tell ya John she is a keeper, and all of us should enjoy all the time we can spend with your children. Well at least until they become teenagers.

It was once said that Teens were Gods revenge for having sex...[:$] I never did believe that though, I figured it was the devil..... in all of us.[]

Godspeed

Wayne

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

I hear you, Wayne. I considered the P&amp;S for quite a while (especially since we have an older Olympus 4 megapixel/10x optical zoom that does ok, and my wife has a waterproof Olympus Stylus). In fact, I considered long enough that the S95 was released in the meantime. I had pretty much decided to bring the 7D wherever I thought pictures were even remotely likely. But, my trip to your neck of the woods over the holiday is what changed my mind!

The proverbial straw that <s>broke the camel's back</s> got the camel stuck in a cave was a short spelunking adventure through some glacial caves - I tried that with the 7D and a few lenses in a Lowepro Primus AW on my back - it's a great pack, but a little bulky for the tight environs of a cave. I didn't literally get stuck, but it was unwieldy, to say the least! Although I don't plan on doing any more spelunking in the near future, that incident convinced me of the need for something with good IQ that could fit in my pocket. Thus the S95.

I'm definitely not ready for the teenage years... LOL.

Hi John:

So was it Lost River or Polar Caves?

"I'm definitely not ready for the teenage years... LOL."

You will enjoy all of the years until then and like most of us parents especially dads that are wound around our daughters little fingers she suddenly become a young teen/woman that would have grown up quickly and to soon. She will push the envelope like you never did as a child turning you hair gray before it's time. You will watch her grow while loving, cherishing and protecting her, then one day she will ask you for the keys to the car and you will be scared for her like you never knew you could be, but at the same time you will be proud of the young woman she is becoming. All of this as she needs you less and less in her everyday life, but will always require you and your gentle guidance even into adulthood.

There will be alot of great times between now and that time, BUT HOLD ON TIGHT BECAUSE YOUR IN FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE LIKE NO ONE EVER TOLD YOU AND YOU NEVER IMAGINED. It is all great so as you hold on enjoy all of it through the trials and tribulations.

Oh by the way did you have a great time this weekend? I hope so. That idea for a smaller camera makes great sense.

Godspeed

Wayne

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Hi Wayne,

Polar Caves - from the website images, I liked the fact that they had wire mesh along the boardwalks. The other venues seemed to just have a pair of rails which would not be much of a barrier to someone fast and barely taller than the lower rail.

We did have a great time, thanks! Also, thanks again for your tips on places and routes.

--John

Hi John:

N.P. Thanks. You are correct. Great.

GS

WAD

<div id="refHTML"]</div>