Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Street Photography - Right or Wrong and When Does it Cross the Line?

Thats funny, I had the 70-200mm, they spotted that thing from 50' away. Maybe the 300mm I could have been far enough then.

First off, I got a tad sidetracked with your post ...I'm wondering when I will go from being a grandma to being a granny? NEVER! Thank goodness I am nowhere near 60 yet!

Ok, back to your original reason for the post. Many, many times at events I have adults and kids coming and asking me if I work for the newspaper or a magazine. I'll bet these ladies thought they were running the risk of having their pictures in the paper dancing up a storm. If they knew you were just taking the photos for the fun of it they probably wouldn't have minded so much.

Before my DSLR days, I used to go every year to Country Thunder with VIP tickets and backstage passes. That is about a total of 100 nights of concerts and being up close with all the latest and greatest country stars. If I had a DSLR back then, I would have been trigger happy with taking photos of everything and everyone. Sorry, that is in my opinion, something that should be expected to happen at something like that. I am sure someone out there has plenty of pictures of me dancing on top of benches, tables, etc! I am sure there are even plenty of pictures of me covered head to toe in mud since I had been through a tornado ripping the stage down almost right in front of me and mudslides galore, pretty much torrential downpours every year at some point of the 4 day weekend! Would I be upset knowing they took these photos? No, I just wish I had copies of some of them!
    Last edited by ddt0725; 12-08-2012 at 02:05 AM.