Hi All -

Last night I took photos w/ my 7Dof a white sheet of paper @ f/22 and sure enough, these little spots were everywhere. I ran the camera's sensor cleaning a number of times and I used the blower repeatedly and it helped very little.

It is still under Canon warranty which probably would cover cleaning but I also have a 4 yr. extended Best Buy warranty which it would be covered. Only thing is, they would have to send it to Precision Camera in Conneticut and it would take at least 2 weeks to get it back. [] I will feel naked without my camera for 2 weeks (which it always takes longer than they tell you)!! Plus, with the start of fall season, I will miss all the beautiful fall colors and deer photos that should be coming available soon! [:'(]

My question is, how risky is it to attempt to clean it myself or should I just hand it over to Best Buy to send out & run around naked for two weeks? [:P] For not being able to shootphotos worth a darn 1/2 the time, it's amazing how attached I am to this thing!!

I would have toorder whatever I 'd use to clean it(I only have lens cleaners and the rocket blower). Is there something available that shows me exactly what I should and shouldn't do? I don't want to turn a needed cleaning into a needed repair!

Denise