Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What do you do ?

Re: What do you do ?

Lab technician at the Department of Biochemical Sciences of the "Sapienza" University of Rome, Italy.

I am interested in science & technology in general, and - apart from photography - astrophysics and cosmology in particular. And I love music.

Concerning photography, I am (unfortunately) more interested in the technical aspects of it rather than the artistic side, that's why I repute myself a poor photographer: banal subjects and ineffective and dull composition, although shooting since 1968, when my parents bought me my first camera, a Kodak Instamatic: fixed focus, fixed aperture, fixed shutter speed, this one. But I enjoy shooting, having a lot of fun with it.

I am severely affected by the "L-disease" and can confirm it is incurable. Acute symptoms can be only soothed by L-glass, but my budget is limited so my health is constantly deteriorating... I have tried to obtain financial support for therapeutic pharmalenses by my medical insurance, I even produced Dr. Bryan's claims to document my application, but they say they do not cover such kind of pharmacological treatment... and in the meantime my neurons are degenerating...

I am nicely retired from working for the Federal government and military service. I am absoutely enjoying every minute of it - retirement that is.

Larry

Budget Director at eductational institution (college). Love it! I am a total finance geek.

Started photography a while ago, with P&S, stoped becasue of lack of time, now I am finding this hobby a total stress reliever (alas pocket empying).

GIS/IT Manager for City of Chesapeake, aka Geographer. Sr Photographer for TriDuo Photography.

Former ranger for US Fish and Wildlife Service and former wilderness EMT. Im also a per diem instructor for the Red Cross.

I'm on my third or fourth career, depending on whether you count those that don't pay anything. I got a math degree, then was a software engineer during the boom. Then I quit to go to medical school. Then I dropped out of medical school. Then I took care of my two kids (then a 6 month old boy and 3 year old girl) and taught math part time. I'll be starting full-time teaching in the fall.

In my spare time I write, take pictures, and look through telescopes.

School was expensive. While an undergrad, I got a letter from this guy with a little software company that said he was looking for guys like me to work for him, but I ignored it because I was too interested in school. The guy's name: Bill Gates. (And of course, the little company was Microsoft.)

That's really unfortunate Jon...I wanna major in math too! hehe

No job, yet. [H]

I'm a Senior in High School and just turned 17 last week. I'm planning on staying with my parents while I go to college to have some financial ease, then go on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

School was expensive. While an undergrad, I got a letter from this guy with a little software company that said he was looking for guys like me to work for him, but I ignored it because I was too interested in school. The guy's name: Bill Gates. (And of course, the little company was Microsoft.)
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

They say hindsight is [a brutal] 20/20.

Some of us here have very impressive resumes.

Project Leader at Oracle India for Peoplesoft CRM since 5+ years.

Prior to that around 5 years as Test Lead for Talisma Corp.

11+ years in the IT industry if you add up the first stint as Applications Developer that lasted for longer than a year.