View Poll Results: A vote is consider support for a proposed change.

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Should we have only have one topic at a time (currently two)?

11 68.75%
  • Should each assignment have a ~6 week entry period?

6 37.50%
  • Should we allow repeat topics?

7 43.75%
  • Should we prohibit the use of "archived" photos for assignment entries?

5 31.25%
  • Should we omit the poll at the end of an assignment (so, no winner)?

1 6.25%
  • Should there be a "How to" companion thread with each assignment?

9 56.25%
  • Should the moderator select images to be critiiqued at the end of the assignment?

4 25.00%
  • I voted in this poll (please check if you did)

14 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Changes to "Assignment" Threads??

It shouldn't have to become chore. So maybe it does not have to be shot that week, but if it was recently processed (within a couple weeks - need to be flexible). And we just need to trust that people are doing the best they can with the time constraints of there life at the time.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Have been busy again. Work, travel, editing, even a few days off strung in to the mix which means a LOT more editing to get behind on.
    Indifferent to voting, prefer critiques to better learn how others view my work.
    Agree with principle of newer work only for contests but at the same time it can easily be weeks, at times months, before I get caught up on editing when I am busy and putting work first. Would this time lag keep me from entering a contest or how could this situation be managed?
    There are still two days to voting left, but the way things are trending it looks like the answer is no worries, it wouldn't keep you from entering the shot. And I agree with Pat, this definitely shouldn't be a chore and should be fun and interesting for all of us. I'll try to summarize a plan for each thread (Image of the Week and Assignment) after the vote is complete. But all of this is intended to keep people interested and participating.

Here is an attempt to interpret everything in this thread and compromise between what a majority and near majority would like:

• We will go back to one assignment at a time. Which is what we did previously and after awhile we decided to go to two simultaneous threads. I am ok with either, but I do like the idea of two overlapping threads with a 6 week entry period for each, which would work out to ~ 1 assignment per month when you consider voting and set up time.
    • The idea of a 6 week entry period had just a bit under a majority. As a compromise, I am thinking of a 4-5 week entry period? That would have an assignment approximately every 6 weeks. I had been targeting a 3 week entry period before.
    • Allow repeat of topics that are older than 2 years.
    • Leave it up to the judge to decide if archive photos are allowed for their assignment.
    • Start creating a "How to" companion thread with the next assignment.

I will work with Neuro and try to have the next assignment up around the start of November.

Please let me know if you have any comments
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.