Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

He occasionally does focus-stacking, as described in this interview:

http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/ThomasShahan.html

However from the sound of it, he just takes lots and lots of pictures.

I cut off a wayward cane from our grape vine that was hanging too low, and this guy was on the leaf. Think it's what we called a 'spitfire' as kids. Not sure if they spit fire (or acid), but with that red bit and all those spines, I took enough care not to touch him.

7D, Asahi Pentax Takumar 50mm f/1.4 @ f/8, iso100, 1/30s, 30mm kenko tube, 430EX and softbox hovering overhead...

An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

And apologies for that, seems I just sent you all a picture of his butt.

I rearranged the flash to a bit more frontal-top-right, added another 20mm of extension tube, then discovered that this is (probably) its head. Well, at least one of these pics is the head...

An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Wow! Nice one Dr. I like the first one best - great comp and the black backround fits with the color of this caterpillar.

Cheers,

Damian

Thanks, and yeah, I liked the first one better. I took a few more and will look at them later, but then I had to go out so put him back outside. Too bad his head was at the edge of the leaf, I didn't realise he was alive but he was, just very very slow moving. Wasn't game enough to touch him to rearrange him on the leaf (looks like my table is a bit dirty too). Also, he's not a spitfire, I'd already decided earlier that they're a type of Sawfly. So this is just a funky-looking moth caterpillar.

Meanwhile, here's my work of the morning:

I have spawned the Devil, thy name is Tomato.
    Gear Photos

Dr Croubie - These all look great. Since you started importing from another site reather than attaching, your pictures are much more clear and sharp... quite a difference.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Took some shots of roses today. Not to many flowers around outside right now, so when the church gets new flowers I try to get some pictures. Here are a few:

Rose-8409.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-8423.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-8455.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr

Rose-8430.jpg by westmichigan, on Flickr
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Beautiful flower shots, Pat! We have had such a mild winter that there are actully some flowers sprouting up in my garden! The blizzard we are having today will change all of that!

Weather is keeping me inside most of the day today ...

What's REALLY in that commercially pre-mixed pepper container? by Denise Trocio, on Flickr
    The container says black pepper, spices (?), dextrose, sugar, red & green sweet peppers, dehydrated onion flakes ...hmmm, interesting! I love how they can just state "spices". Isn't the point of listing ingredients to tell you EVERYTHING that is in it ...what spices might I ask?
    Taken handheld with Sigma 70mm macro w/ 12mm, 20mm & 36mm stacked Kenko extension tubes.

Denise, That is one of the most disgusting looking shots I have seen. Really, It almost made me gag-----Great shot on evoking an emotional (and physical response)---I love it.

Bob
    Bob

I am very sorry, Bob! How do you think I felt ...I ate a burger with this stuff on it just the other night!