Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Pets!

@Steve - Bo has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen on a kitty! Poor Leroy Brown I'm in the same situation with my Cocker ...he doesn't like chewing on hard nylabones or anything so his teeth are not in the best of shape! Now I'm headed over to flickr to see what you used for these sharp shots!!

@Kombi - Welcome to the forums!! Love the captions with the photos! These are very sharp also! What combo did you use?

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    @Kombi - Welcome to the forums!! Love the captions with the photos! These are very sharp also! What combo did you use?

Denise
    Thank you for the welcome.

I have a canon EOS t2i, still playing more than anything, the bottom 2 pictures were when my extension tube showed up, so was trying budget macro on anything and everything around the house.

edited above with more picture details

I've been working on a calendar for my mom's dogs for her birthday. Here's her malamute.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Nice B&W and perfect focus on the eye. I don't know whether the bokeh makes it look angelic, or confused. LOL, you know like those stars above the coyotes head when the roadrunner drops an anvil on him.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve, Yeah, at first I really didn't like the photo. Those are actually lights from a christmas tree in the background. After I B&W'd it I liked it more. I still find the lights distracting, but not as much as when they were multi-colored. I'm still torn between whether or not the lights are too distracting or add to the overall picture in a positive way...
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

I think your Mom will think it's beautiful. Could they be little malamute thought bubbles?
    Steve U

Bindi looking for possums in the back yard.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bindi_F1.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	533
    Please can someone help? How do I make this thumbnail larger, when uploading straight from the computer instead of via Flickr?
    Last edited by Steve U; 02-15-2012 at 09:11 PM.
    Steve U

Nice one Steve.
    Dsiegel, your image is something special. Nice shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Please can someone help? How do I make this thumbnail larger, when uploading straight from the computer instead of via Flickr?
    I believe you can set the image parameters when editing the post and double clicking on the image thumbnail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    Nice one Steve.
    Dsiegel, your image is something special. Nice shot!

I believe you can set the image parameters when editing the post and double clicking on the image thumbnail.
    Ahh so simple when you know how, thank you Jan.
    Steve U

Nice shot, Steve! Bindi looks for possums like my dogs look for squirrels! I don't know what any of them would do if they actually caught one!

Not sure I like the "vintage' look I applied to this in post but I love the happy face!

Sammy with his favorite toy ...

Sammy & Mr. Bear by Denise Trocio, on Flickr