Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot? May 17 through May 23.

Re: What did you shoot? May 17 through May 23.

Chris, the pictures look great. Kudos on the trecking through the smelly marsh with mosquitos. I would have quit at mosquitoes.[]

Sean, love, love, love the shots. I attempted to use some of your shots in the past for inspiration, but failed miserably on the lighting aspect. I guess I will have to keep practicing!

Denise, love the shot with the dog and the bug. I don't know how you got that, but it is cool!

Great shots everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    Sean, love, love, love the shots. I attempted to use some of your shots in the past for inspiration, but failed miserably on the lighting aspect. I guess I will have to keep practicing!

You learn much more from failure than you ever do from success. For every picture I post, Itook probably30 shots that session before I got it right (I'm getting slightly better, though, as it used to take 50!). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson

Denise, love the shot with the dog and the bug. I don't know how you got that, but it is cool!

Thanks! To be honest, I don't know how I got it either! I didn't even know the bug was there until I uploaded it on my computer but it was a nice surprise! [:P]

Denise

Taken at the local fish store. Canon 7D with a 100mm f/2.8 macro.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.82/OceansFloory_5F005F00_20100520_5F00_0020.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.82/OceansFloory_5F005F00_20100520_5F00_0006.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.82/OceansFloory_5F005F00_20100520_5F00_0018.jpg[/img]

Every time I think about selling my macro lens for 'lack of use', I find another opportunity to use it!

Great shots Brian...very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kreitman

Every time I think about selling my macro lens for 'lack of use', I find another opportunity to use it!
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

My dad said that... I solved that problem for him by taking it off his hands[]

I wish, but my father shoots Nikon.[:$]

Convert him! My dad shot Nikon Film his entire life then when the digis came about I convinced him to switch over.

I wish. He got hung up on keeping his old lenses (2!), one of which is a third party lens and doesn't handle some of the newer electronics.

He got a D90 (and still has his N80), which in all honesty, feels and behaves pretty well. Not as nice as my 7D, but nice, nevertheless.

My roommate shoots nikon and wants to get a D90 to replace his D80. I wish he'd just get it. He keeps telling me the advantages of having it and stuff [:P]