Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canon 35mm f/1.4 L - UPDATE: I LOVE THIS LENS!

Re: Canon 35mm f/1.4 L

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I LOVE THIS LENS!!

Nice shots Denise. I'm glad you like your lens. The more lenses I use the more I realize how great the 35L is.

I consider this lens better than the 85L II based on it's AF abilities and these are the two best lenses I have ever used.

I sill love to read Lens Rental'sRoger's Take on this lens "Its as close to a flawless lens as I’ve shot with."

I think that really, really says something about this lens and I agree whole heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I LOVE THIS LENS!! This are my first two shots with it!

Wow nice, they look great! I can't believe you managed these shots with a 35mm only [:O]

Butterflies are among the most ADD-suffering insects I know [:P] I gave up hope to photograph them in their nature...

I just received my 35mm L last night, and was initially disappointed in that it seemed to back focus on my 5D MK II by a large amount at distances of 10 ft or more. Close up, it was fine.

This morning, i got down to seriously understanding what was going on. I used live view with contrast detect AF, and images were tack sharp, so it was just a matter of find a microfocus adjustment that worked best, and, worrying that it might not workthe same at all distances. It turned out thata microfocus adjustment of +2 made it tack sharp at all distances and apertures.

This really suprised me that such a tiny adjustment made such a huge difference. I guess that shallow depth of field requires perfect focus.

If yours is not sharp on your XSi, you might want to consider getting a body that has the microfocus adjustment. It really worked well for me.