Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 5D Mark III available for preorder in Australia !!!!!

Expect to see my two 5D Mark IIs up
    For sale soon!

http://blog.planet5d.com/2012/03/can...press-release/

Here's what you were all waiting for (or at least me):
    "Minimum light level ev-2 is the same as the Canon EOS-1D X." (talking about the AF)
    "Auto-exposure bracketing – 3,5,7"
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Ok...I am impressed. It doesn't seem that they tried to cripple the 5DIII compared to the 1DX in any dumb ways (unless I am missing something). 1DX has better weather sealing, faster fps, ISO advantage, dedicated AF processor, etc. But for an extra ~$3k. It also seems that the major issues people had with the 5DII have been addressed. Seems to be a real solid camera.

Yet....there are still threads on CR with people complaining....

Of course, I am still very interested in some independent hands on reviews and analysis. It'll be interesting to see if Canon has caught up to Nikon's DR range, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Here are some sample images. Image 3 will be interesting to view when it is up, they are using the 50/1.2 as a landscape lens.
    http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eosd/5dmk3/samples/
    Is it just me or does the ISO6400 image look amazing (in terms of noise levels). I'd like to know, though, whether or not in-camera / long exposure noise reduction has been used here because it looks a little washed out.

In saying that, I just finished reading the press release and it really looks like a superb camera. The AF system sounds marvelous. I think I'll be looking to sell some gear to upgrade this year.

Well done Canon!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Well crap.

I've got 13 days left of my 30 return period to decide whether I wan't to return my 5d mk II and pay the 1000 bucks for an upgrade.

Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Well crap.

I've got 13 days left of my 30 return period to decide whether I wan't to return my 5d mk II and pay the 1000 bucks for an upgrade.

Opinions?
    If you got the cash go for it. If not, stick with the 5D Mark II until you grow out of it and have enough cash saved up for the 5D Mark III.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Well crap.

Opinions?
    Did you pay $2,499 for the 5D II?
    If you did I would ship it back any way, you could beat that.

For me it would be a money issue. Would I mind paying another $1000 to $1500 more?

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Is it just me or does the ISO6400 image look amazing (in terms of noise levels). I'd like to know, though, whether or not in-camera / long exposure noise reduction has been used here because it looks a little washed out.

In saying that, I just finished reading the press release and it really looks like a superb camera. The AF system sounds marvelous. I think I'll be looking to sell some gear to upgrade this year.

Well done Canon!
    Agreed...check out Image 10 and 15 at ISO 3200.....

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    It's not like you can do anything with the information for months. I know I'll wait and find out tomorrow.
    I stand corrected. Available end of March... that's not months. Looks like a sweet camera.

We were considering a 7D for improved servo performance for our doggies. There are only so many in focus tails you can take before it gets to you. Assuming they've fixed the 5D servo performance, I wonder what I'd have to sell to afford this beast instead.

My Jeep might not get any trail improvements this year. A 5D with 1DX autofocus (I'm assuming the 1DX autofocus system is going to be awesome), 6 frames per second, and increased weather sealing? It's almost like having a mini-1Ds for almost half the price! And this statement was very encouraging if true (if true): "As an example, he says [Westfall], an ISO 3200 picture shot with the new model has roughly the dynamic range, noise and other characteristics of an ISO 800 picture shot with its predecessor." I never once felt that I have been hampered by megapixels, but those 4 attributes (autofocus, frame rate, weather sealing, and high iso capability) are definitely upgrades (especially b/c I have a 5Dc) that I feel would improve my full frame shooting enjoyment.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II