Page 55 of 137 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Rob, like your shots very much, beautiful lighting and sharpness, the second one is my favorite one!, the 85mm1.8 is really an amazing lens!

John, congrats on your new 5DII, I just love the beautiful color it can produce. nice shot of your lovely daughter!

My little kangaroo ...

Rob, great saturation and crispness on those shots! Did you use a CPL for them? Mind sharing your EXIF?

John and Denise: great ideas and very cute photos!

Denise;

Great timing on the second shot! Looks like she is floating off the ground. Very cute!

Stephen

Thanks! All ya have to do is ask her what a kangaroo does & she'll be happy to show you!

John - Beautiful fall portrait of your daughter! I hope you have this one hanging on the wall!

Rob -Nice portraits of the author/musician/editor! VERY nice lookin' subject ...I mean composition! []

Denise

I took a quick couple of shots of Amber yesterday, and they seemed to turn out well. I was testing my recent acquisition--a 22" Paul C. Buff High-Output Beauty Dish (HOBD). I used a B&W Circular Polarizer to bring out the sky. EXIF, setup, and strobist info available in the click-through on last two.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/8787.IMG_5F00_8488_5F00_edit_5F00_small.jpg[/img]

Fantastic (as usual), Sean! Your set-up is amazing!

Denise

Thanks Denise. I'm still unsure how exactly I'll be using the beauty dish most. This weekend I shot a Sweet 16 birthday party, and I had a corner set up with a large softbox and the beauty dish with diffusion sock attached for personalized messages to the birthday girl. The steup turned the beauty dish into a round 22" softbox, basically.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2388.IMG_5F00_8426_5F00_small.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/7181.IMG_5F00_8324_5F00_small.jpg[/img]

It worked decently well (lighting-wise, that is...grammar aside), but I think I actually like the contrast brought on by using the dish undiffused.

@Deltasun: EXIF data and lighting setup posted as per your request

<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Gardner

@Deltasun: EXIF data and lighting setup posted as per your request
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif;"]Thanks for the info, Rob...so no CPL. Wow, those just pop!