Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Pets!

Three in a tree. Second shot is a big crop of the first. Taken with the Rokinon 35mm f1.4, which is surprisingly easy to manual focus on a 7D.

Mark - Flickr

This is my cat Morgan...He was nice enough to cooperate with me while I played with my new macro lens! These were taken with a Canon 60mm f/2.8 USM on a T3i.

IMG_7424 by jthrog, on Flickr

IMG_7381 by jthrog, on Flickr

Nice shots, beautiful cat. I like the red and white fur

Arnt

Old dogs hold a very special place in your heart and today I was thinking about Nala, our Rhodesian Ridgeback.Thinking about her made me find some old poor quality shots of her.
    Nala always felt the cold very badly, but she was the warmest thing to snuggle with and the Iggy's used her as a big brown hot water bottle.
    Are there perfect dogs?
    Who knows?
    But we could never have another Ridgeback.
    Bella has carried forward this snuggling habit and while she is tiny compared to Nala, we see that sweetness in her that is unmistakeable.
    [img]
    Nala and babies_1 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    And from the top.
    [img]
    Nala and babies by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve, these are adorable photos! Nala was obviously a big snuggle bug! My dogs only like to snuggle with humans and Sammy will express his displeasure with a muffled grumble and get up & walk away if one of the dogs gets in his personal space when he is lying down! Buddy & Lucky used to used to snuggle with each other just like yours when they were pups but not so much anymore. But all three play together very well so no complaints!

Here is a shot I took of Buddy yesterday. I tried my best with replacing the background and making it look natural but I'm really struggling with teaching myself how to do this! Especially when there is wispy hair, etc.
    If anyone that views this could post a link on the best way to do this using layers or some instructions on what the refine edge settings should be on, it would be hugely appreciated!

Buddy by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Lily fighting some waves. She did get the courage to go in eventually.

Warren Dunes-199-Edit.jpg by sambisu, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sambisu/

5DIII, T2i, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L II, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, 600EX-RT x2

Great portrait of Lucky Denise.
    Glad Lily won the battle and got wet, my dogs are worse than that with water.
    A shot of Bo, he is 6 months now and will be going to the vet this week to get snipped.
    [img]
    Knew a cat, Bo Jangles... by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Steve, these are adorable photos! Nala was obviously a big snuggle bug! My dogs only like to snuggle with humans and Sammy will express his displeasure with a muffled grumble and get up & walk away if one of the dogs gets in his personal space when he is lying down! Buddy & Lucky used to used to snuggle with each other just like yours when they were pups but not so much anymore. But all three play together very well so no complaints!

Here is a shot I took of Buddy yesterday. I tried my best with replacing the background and making it look natural but I'm really struggling with teaching myself how to do this! Especially when there is wispy hair, etc.
    If anyone that views this could post a link on the best way to do this using layers or some instructions on what the refine edge settings should be on, it would be hugely appreciated!

Buddy by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr
    Denise, This is a great portrait of Buddy, One of your best. and.... there is a market for pet photographers---. That said, I think you are taking the wrong approach by removing/replacing backgrounds. Although I love the work that you have done with textures with your macro and flowers, I personally think that no matter how good you are with "selecting in photo shop" that you will eventually leave out those little details that give our pets and people character. Those fly away hairs and other whispy details are so important in portrait photography---especially with pets. My suggestion would be to purchase or manufacture backgrounds and include them in your portrait photos. For other Genres, I am looking forward to any responses you get on this post---selecting a subject in photoshop is a skill that challenges me as well.

Again, Very nice portrait of Buddy. This is the type of pet pictures that sell.

Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Great portrait of Lucky Denise.
    Glad Lily won the battle and got wet, my dogs are worse than that with water.
    A shot of Bo, he is 6 months now and will be going to the vet this week to get snipped.
    [img]
    Knew a cat, Bo Jangles... by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    Thanks for viewing.
    Steve, Stunning photo of Bo. Perfect exposure, detail, sharpness----please share----what lens did you use in this shot?

Bob
    Last edited by bob williams; 06-03-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: commented on wrong pet
    Bob

ef-s 10-22 @ 10mm

makes her look like she has the nose of a collie