Page 58 of 558 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Hello, here is a photo of Great Tit. I've taken it in Lithuaniasome days ago. I've posted it in one lithuanian website and people voted for it worse than for my other photos (although personally I like this one), so I would be very grateful if you could criticize this photo. Just tell what is good and what's not. Thanks a lot!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.45.14/titsc.jpg[/img]

Hey Brendan,

Thanks for the comments!

I upped the exposure a little, and then upped the contrast which made the black darker. Let me know what you think.

"American Oystercatcher"

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.44.62/American-Oystercatcher2-3129-_2800_2_2900_.jpg[/img]

I have a question.., perhaps someone can help?

I noticed that when I delete a photo from the "My Files Section" under my "username" to make room to upload other photos, then that same photo also gets deleted from the original post and thread. Is this suppose to happen or am I uploading the photos to the thread incorrectly?

In other words, how can I delete a photo from "My Files" without deleting them from the thread?

Thanks,

Rich

Tadas,N

I think this is a very nice picture!, I just can't see any big problem of this shot. maybe you should post some "other shots" so we can see the difference. again, it's a great shot, I like it.

Rich, I have the same question you have, hope some one can help.

here is my recent shot, I like it though i'm not sure if it works this way. thanks for viewing.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/DPP_5F00_00047.JPG[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane

I noticed that when I delete a photo from the "My Files Section" under my "username" to make room to upload other photos, then that same photo also gets deleted from the original post and thread. Is this suppose to happen or am I uploading the photos to the thread incorrectly?

In other words, how can I delete a photo from "My Files" without deleting them from the thread?

You can't - that's the way it works. When you upload a photo to the TDP website, the image is being hosted by TDP. When you post it in a thread, that's a link to the original hosted image. If you delete the hosted image, the links to it fail. You're limited to 5 MB of images hosted on TDP, which is a pretty low limit, and why you need to delete some to make room for others.

Instead, consider hosting your images elsewhere - Flickr, ImageShack, etc. They have much higher storage limits, and you can easily post your images in the threads here (by pasting the image URL from the host site into the Insert Media dialog when you write a post).

Chris,

I actually like your photo a lot. I like the golden glow and sparkle of the water due to the slow shutter speed and the setting Sun. I also like the composition and head angle of the bird. The focal point of the shot is the water, but I like the technique of the blurred bird in the foreground. I wouldn't change anything. The only suggestion that I have, which you may have already done, would be to take a second photo that would have the bird in focus with the water blurred and see which one looks better, or they may both be great.

John, Thanks for the explanation about the photo hosting. I'll sign up for one of them.

Rich

Thanks John for the explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    which you may have already done, would be to take a second photo that would have the bird in focus with the water blurred and see which one looks bette

Rich, thank you very much for your compliment. I don't have any photo like
    this(bird in focus with blurred water) but I guess it will be less interesting without sparkle of the water cause of the blurred water. but I'll still give it a try next time. BTW, my name is not Chris, you can just call me JJ, or my name is Steve Zhao.

Sorry about that JJ. I do agree with you that the water is what makes this photo special and the bird is just a big bonus.

I know it's not the same thing, but sometimes when I amshooting surfing, I take a picture of the Surfer walking back into the surf with his board and I try to take twophotos; one with the surfer blurred and the waves in focus and the other with the Surfer in focus and the waves blurred. Onehighlights the physical athletic presence of the surfer and the othercapturesthe hugesurf that they are entering. I have found that the guys like themselves in focus and their girlfriends are more impressed with thedangerous surf in focus. My preference varies depending on the height of the waves, the DOF and the lighting.

Rich

a loon... cooling off.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.39.55/loon.jpg[/img]

Female Ruby Throated Hummingbird, 1D MK III + 70-200 2.8 + 580exII + 2 remote 430exII triggered with pocket wizards

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/343V96221.jpg[/img]

GBH in flight

first photo processed in PS CS5

7D, 4005.6, f5.6, 1/1000,-2/3 exposure, ISO800 with B+W CP filter. 40' before sunset.

I accidentally put the CP filter on instead of a UV filter. so the color looks very warm. I didn't try to adjust color tone in PS, just tried to reduce noise, adjust exposure, and sharpen main subject.

C&C are welcome and greatly appreciated.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.54/DPP_5F00_00072.JPG[/img]