Page 59 of 558 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

5DII + 100-400L @ 400mm, f/8, 1/400, ISO 800

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    GBH in flight

Very Nice Shot, JJ---Love the warm sunset colors.

Bob
    Bob

JJphoto.....the GBH looks good, the exposure seems right and the detail is good, I would wish for a better head angle and maybe try to desat. or tone down the background a little by reducing contrast.

StapledPhoto....cool pose on the Eagle coming out of the tree....it looks a tad underxposed perhaps because there is no details in the wings. Otherwise it's cool, I haven't seen a shot like it before.

Joel

Great capture Joel....really like the different body/wing positioning from what I'm capturing. It looks like you caught the wing thrust at the bottom of her beat. Maybe I should delve into flash captures of my HBs a little more.

StapledPhoto....nice head on pic of BE.

JJphoto, nice picture of heron in flight, just maybe I'd prefer a bit different head angle and it might would look better if you slightly edited the colors. However, my monitor isn't calibrated, so probably I can't say anything about colors.

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="content-type" />
    <span>StapledPhoto, nice pose of the eagle! The only thing I can criticize, as it was already mentioned, is that image seems to be underexposed a little.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Here are a couple of other options from ACR.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.38.65/IMG_5F00_0862_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

exposure +.40

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.38.65/IMG_5F00_0862_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

exposure +.30 and fill light set to 20

Either of these look better than the one on flickr to your eyes? The wings of an eagle like this are very dark and need direct light or a very overexposed background to get much detail in them. The second edit was an attempt at bringing out the detail without overexposing the rest of the image but it makes the image look too washed out to me. My focus originally was on the face of the eagle and keeping the wings dark and contrasted, but I can see that the bump in exposure of the first picture helps a bit. What do you guys think?

Great picture! I think the first one looks better. You lose to much shadow in the second one.

I think I like the original picture out of the 3. I think it makes it slightly more dramatic with the darkness.

Out of the two above, I like the top one better.

edit: However, when compared to the Original on the previous page, I like the original better, because I like the darker green pine tree and I think the white portion of the top of the birds head has better contrast and pops more.

I think the last one is getting better in terms of feather detail.....you can always create a duplicate layer and a layer mask so you can keep the background the way you like and treat the bird differently.....I think if you adjust shadows/highlights then levels and follwed by some sharpening of just the bird it will really pop. Then adjust the background so it looks like the original.

Joel