Page 63 of 398 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

Hey Neuro...Great shot. One of these days I might have to get one of those tilt shifts...I love the lines and shadows!!

Gregg

I've been trying to get close enough to a resting dragonfly for quite a while. This guy cooperated.

7D & 70-300L @ 300mm, f/5.6, 1/800s, ISO 400. Cropped in a bit.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7127.IMG_5F00_7505.jpg[/img]

Here's a side view, which captures the fire engine red tail section.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3005.IMG_5F00_7498.jpg[/img]

Another one posed too.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x800/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0250.IMG_5F00_7527.jpg[/img]

Brian those shots are great but the first one is really terrific. Nicely done..!

Thanks Jonathan! I was excited to finally capture a dragonfly, especially "face to face" as in the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb
    I've been trying to get close enough to a resting dragonfly for quite a while.

Great shots!

Dragonflies/damselflies are fun to shoot; the trick is their behavior - they hunt from a limited set of perches, so when you see one sitting on a twig you can set up your tripod and focus, then step a little bit back with a remote release and wait. The dragonfly will perch, fly off, perch again, etc., gving you lots of chances for a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Dragonflies/damselflies are fun to shoot; the trick is their behavior - they hunt from a limited set of perches, so when you see one sitting on a twig you can set up your tripod and focus, then step a little bit back with a remote release and wait. The dragonfly will perch, fly off, perch again, etc., gving you lots of chances for a shot.

Thanks John! That's great advice.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb
    <div id="ctl00_ctl00_content_content_ctl00_fragment_121 6_ctl01_ctl00_PostForm__QuoteText"]

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thanks John! That's great advice.

Brian
    </div>

Yup, and also if you catch them early in the morning, before they've had a chance to warm up, they're less active and will "pose" a little longer for you...

I was out this weekend and shotquite a few Damselflies and, at first, they would sit (~6am) but by 7am the sun had warmed them up and they were more active.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Damian

The lighthouse from Cleveland Point from a different angle, late afternoon light.

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Hi, I've been playing with HDR lately and I'd like your opinion on the following (less HDRed or more HDRed). Enjoy

All were shot with at 10mm

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5618.Barn-July-23_2C00_-2011_2D00_6.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5657.Barn-July-23_2C00_-2011_2D00_7.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4466.Barn-July-23_2C00_-2011_2D00_4.jpg[/img]

the second one really looks great, with good composition...the small fence leads your eye to the barn!! very nice

Gregg