Page 64 of 558 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

A couple of my last shots of bald eagles this season:

40D + 100-400L @ 400mm, 9.0, 1/800, ISO 400

5DII + 100-400L @ 400mm, 8.0, 1/500, ISO 200

The first shot was taken from a kayak and the second was taken from a boat. Comments and critiques are welcome and much appreciated.

-Yoni

Fantastic Yoni. I particularly like the first shot but they're both great. Looks like you've found a great location to enable you to separate the eagles from the background. You're bloody keen going out there in a kayak with all that nice gear though!

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Nice captures Yoni....I'd recommend the ABE in the first pic see a good chiropractor....really enjoy the eye level shots your kayak and boats give you.

I wish our season for ABEs in eastern Massachusetts was in summer (Dec to Mar) and that we had a few more available for pix.

Regards

Bill

Beautiful photo, guys!

Bill you take the best hummingbird photos! I have yet to see one in my yard but my daughter saw one for the first time last week. I don't even shoot bird photos too often anymore because I got bored with the same old 3 or 4 types I always see.

I think I need to go where the eagles fly ...Yoni, your photos are awesome! Also, Markbarton - I love your last B&W shot!

Denise

thanks guys

nice eagle shots from a kayak! fearless! - wouldnt take my gear out on one of those lol

Denise...thanks for the "over the top" compliment, but don't forget Joel Eade's HBs....he has some prettyastonishing captures also.

As far as attracting them....I found the number of visits grew per hour when I finally put in a small water fountain that makes noise....they love fountains, misters, dripping water, etc. You can make them as simple or elaborate and as inexpensive or expensive as you would like, just make sure there is a protection zone for them close by.

Also, make sureyou change the sweet water (1/4 Csugar to 1 C water, food coloring isn't necessary nor recommended)and clean the feeders every few days....the sweet water will ferment and if left too long will develop mold. Oh yeah, watch for drowning ants.

Don't give up, they're pure entertainment and great photo subjects.

Bob Williams....thanks for your DIY flash stand idea. I'm heading your way in a couple of weeks, put in order for dry weather. []

Thanks

Bill

Thanks Bill for the nice words....here's one from a few weeks ago

(too hot do much lately)

1D MK III 300mm 2.8L 580 exii on camera and two remote 430 exii flashes

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.32.28/343V9849.jpg[/img]

This shot is beautiful, Joel!It's exactly the shot I was hopingto get when I put out 4 hummingbird feeders & planted every flower I could think of to attract them. Everyone but me has seen them! [] This is the first season I didn't put out my fountain but next year I'll take Bill's advice!

Denise

Nice shots of bold eagle, Yoni! the second one is a great catch.

Joel, can't see your picture, I don't know if it's an error or you took it off?

here is one I took almost one year ago, I havn't posted this one because it needs some post processing to remove some unwanted subjects

7D, 300mm2.8,1.4X TC,f4.0, 1/6400,ISO 400

thanks for viewing!

Wow JJ! That's a wonderful shot, I love it! Love that lighting and the subjects are just...wow...[Y]

Jan