Page 65 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

Cool lookin' spider!!

The first shot of the spider is my fav ...really cool shot!

Amber Carpet Rose by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Carpet Rose and visitor by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

I don't know how much longer I will be using flickr for public viewing. I tracked one of my other macro shots that was taken (stolen) off of flickr to a very disturbing blog on tumblr and I'm pretty upset about it! The person didn't even post the photo as being mine but for that user, I'm glad my name wasn't on it!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post

I don't know how much longer I will be using flickr for public viewing. I tracked one of my other macro shots that was taken (stolen) off of flickr to a very disturbing blog on tumblr and I'm pretty upset about it! The person didn't even post the photo as being mine but for that user, I'm glad my name wasn't on it!
    I don't think Flickr is the only site that is vulnerable to image theft ....it's a serious problem that I read about on other forums frequently. I have seen situations where the image user has gone so far as to have an attorney send a letter to the offender requesting the image be taken down immediately. You could send such a letter yourself or an email. Let them know you are aware they have stolen from you.

If you are working toward eventually producing and selling images professionally you might want to consider putting a watermark on them. I don't know if Flickr has that ability or not but Zenfolio does.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post

Joel is right with the watermark thing. Never post anything to those sites without a watermark or your just asking for someone to take your photos. Especially if that photo is as good as the stuff your producing. People will complain that they can't see your photo when your watermark is as big as Joel's, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I really have considered making mine much bigger, but am lazy at the moment. I thought you had a zenfolio account or was I mistaken???

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb View Post
    Awesome, Joel.
    Ditto---+3
    Bob

+4 on Joel's photo

Lovely colors Denise

BTW. How do you track you photos on the web?

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    +4 on Joel's photo

Lovely colors Denise

BTW. How do you track you photos on the web?
    Thanks! You can view your stats on flickr, from there you can see what sites people viewed your photos from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Joel is right with the watermark thing. Never post anything to those sites without a watermark or your just asking for someone to take your photos. Especially if that photo is as good as the stuff your producing. People will complain that they can't see your photo when your watermark is as big as Joel's, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I really have considered making mine much bigger, but am lazy at the moment. I thought you had a zenfolio account or was I mistaken???
    I do have a zenfolio site but I don't know how to load them from there to here so I use flickr for that plus I have met and learned a great deal from members on flickr. I will look into adding a watermark to future posts on there. I have since added a statement under my photos that they should not be posted to any websites, blogs etc. without my persmission. Funny thing, I saw one on a blog last night ...along with the statement!

Just a thought. Your work is exceptional Denise. Have you considered using an online hosting site that offers better security and sales potential?

Quote Originally Posted by jrw View Post
    Just a thought. Your work is exceptional Denise. Have you considered using an online hosting site that offers better security and sales potential?
    I believe zenfolio is pretty secure, I'm not sure about the sales potential of it or which ones are better. I think zenfolio works well for others.