Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best Macro shots

JRW,
    What would that additional security be? I think as soon as something can be viewed on a website, it can be stolen. That's why I think watermarks are the best solution.
    There are some websites that embed everything in flash, but that has its downsides too

Arnt

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I do have a zenfolio site but I don't know how to load them from there to here so I use flickr for that plus I have met and learned a great deal from members on flickr. I will look into adding a watermark to future posts on there. I have since added a statement under my photos that they should not be posted to any websites, blogs etc. without my persmission. Funny thing, I saw one on a blog last night ...along with the statement!
    Denise,

on Zenfolio you can select an image then click on "share"...this opens a window with several different options as to what size image you want

Right click on the URL that want to use and select "copy"

Now in TDP when you go to insert an image use the from URL tab and "paste" the URL into the window (uncheck the little box beneath)

Hit OK and you're done!

I believe zenfolio is pretty secure, I'm not sure about the sales potential of it or which ones are better. I think zenfolio works well for others.
    I think sales are mostly independent of whatever hosting site you choose....the marketing and sales generation is mostly up to you. They give you tons of help, suggestions, tutorials etc etc....but they do not market your product. You want your site to look good, be user friendly and be associated with a pro printing operation, the rest is up to you

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Denise,

on Zenfolio you can select an image then click on "share"...this opens a window with several different options as to what size image you want

Right click on the URL that want to use and select "copy"

Now in TDP when you go to insert an image use the from URL tab and "paste" the URL into the window (uncheck the little box beneath)

Hit OK and you're done!
    Thank you, Joel! I will try it with my next upload. In the meantime, maybe this will help with flickr files ...

New logo for flickr files by Denise Trocio ( www.dtrociophotography.com), on Flickr

Good idea Denise.
    At least it will get your name out there if someone links to your pictures.
    And nice shot, I like the colors!

Arnt

Thanks, Arnt!

It worked, Joel! I also exported this into flickr which was really easy also but took pretty long for it to fly! Looks like I will use zenfolio as my first stop. I don't know if I prefer the logo in the middle or in the corner though.

if it is too small and in the corner, people might just crop it off. So either bigger, or in the center

It worked, Joel! I also exported this into flickr which was really easy also but took pretty long for it to fly! Looks like I will use zenfolio as my first stop. I don't know if I prefer the logo in the middle or in the corner though.
    Good deal.

Logo in the middle is safer in terms of suppressing image theft I would guess. You want to make it difficult to remove with photoshop to the point it would take so much time that a lazy good-for-nothin' image thief is not interested

There are several options. You can reduce the opacity a little to make your image easier to see. Also you can selectively, on each individual image, remove it and then re-apply it later if you want to post an image here (from Zenfolio) for a short time without a watermark.

Denise,

I have been doing a little research about protecting images and I found this http://www.digimarc.com/digimarc-for-images

It looks to me that this would be a great solution and I am considering it for myself.