Page 68 of 398 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

+1 on what Wally says Ham, but I imagine the spirit of the place has changed dramatically in the last week or so, our thoughts are with those over there experiencing some frightening times in the Olympic city.

Thanks Wally, and Steve.

Things were strange here for a while (I live in Birmingham, from London, but love Manchester United), but everything seems to have calmed down. In fact the High Streets and City Centres are booming at the moment, people are keen to help the businesses that lost stuff (especially the indie ones). You wouldn

Wood and nails; check, hammer; check, work shoes; check, Bricky-cleavage; check! Yep, I think he's gonna be a chippie!

Is he also in his Dad

No, his grandads shoes, but he

I have no control over her posing, so I guess this is more of a candid than a portrait.

1/125 @f4, ISO 1000, 70mm

Priceless!

Went to the Brisbane Billycart championships on Sunday. Racing was tight and there were some light showers that made everything interesting. Here are some highlights..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2727.Billycart_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

Get low and gooo....

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0083.Billycart_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Are we having fun yet?

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4784.Billycart_5F00_4.jpg[/img]

Yes we are..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1512.Billycart_5F00_3.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing.

Steve

Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Looks like a lot of fun! Did you make one of these?

Went out with the 60D on Friday and headed off to an area of town I only normally see from my bus on the way home from work. The images may make it look like a brave place to take a new and expensive toy, but it's fine. The area's called Digbeth (Birmingham) and surrounds the old Bird's Custard Factory that has since been used or disused for various things including a high-end department store/nightclub venue and, as the pictures show, graffiti canvas.

This garage is position under one of the old railway arches, and despite appearances there was some good chaps working in there when I walked past.

This wall formed part of the external surroundings of the factory itself, it's begging to have a cool portrait taken up against it, but I was on my own, and don't know many cool people who would come at 2pm on a Friday to pose for a picture just to satisfy me

And this is further down the same wall, obviously used to be a minor entrance to part of the factory.

The only thing is, I think all these images could do with more processing / photoshop work. Could anyone point me towards any photoshop techniques I should be looking at trying/learning?

Shot this pic doing sight seeing and shooting around Melbourne. Bit of a dare devil...LOL

Wally

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-34-07/bike-jumper.wmjpg.jpg[/img]

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo