Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    Ugh, me either!!! UPS did just drop of my new matching set of 16GB CF & SD cards though. You could imagine my initial excitement followed by depression and rage when a B&H shipment notification graced my iPhone yesterday afternoon only to reveal that it was for boring memory cards :-(
    Bummer! But heck, memory cards are better than nothing

I called them today, and they said the first shipment has come in and I missed it. They don't know when the next shipment will be in. I was hoping that the fact that the kit was actually in stock meant they would be getting plenty of cameras, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    Ugh, me either!!!

Me either....

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle View Post
    I called them today, and they said the first shipment has come in and I missed it. They don't know when the next shipment will be in. I was hoping that the fact that the kit was actually in stock meant they would be getting plenty of cameras, but apparently not.
    Heck.... they probably have a bunch of body only 5D IIIs but are banking on all the impatient people who are going to cancel and get the kit instead..

#1 5D hype
    #2 5D preorder
    #3 Limited release.... unless you buy with 800 dollar lens that you probably don't need

#4 moneys
    Last edited by Dave Johnston; 03-23-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Well, no delivery and no email today so it's pretty safe to say that there will be no 5DIII this weekend :-(

PS

Anyone read Bryan's note about testing his 5D and problems with DPP? I use LR so I hope the only issue is with software!!!!!
    Last edited by Mark Elberson; 03-23-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Hi All, I read this forum all the time and have learned from it. I just wanted to say I have been able to use the MK III and I loaded various "test" shots in raw and jpeg and have not had an issue with the loading or the editing in LR3.

I wonder if it's the same issue Canon had with the 7D, where the two green channels are imbalanced, causing severe mazing artifacts? Canon "fixed" this for the 7D by making DPP to just average them both together, resulting in less detail. Luckily the 600D and 60D didn't have the problem, so I didn't think any future cameras would either. I would be very surprised if Canon let it happen again, on the 5D3 no less.

(Adobe "fixed" the problem a better way -- by only averaging them together on parts of the image that might be prone to mazing -- i.e. with an edge-adaptive algorithm.)

I loaded the Camera Raw6.7 update for CS5 and it works well. LR3 isn't recognising the Raw files yet, but I don't use it.
    Haven't taken many shots yet. No comparison ISO shots, I'll leave that kind of stuff to Bryan.
    Here is a shot of one of my dogs SOOC.
    35mm 1/25sec f/5.6 ISO25600
    [img]

Bullet_1 by Steve's Life, on Flickr[/img]
    I will post a bit of a hands on shooters review, a bit later.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Missed focus a bit with that shot above. Only did it to see what a hadheld shot at 25600 would look like.
    The RAW image seems more pixalated than the Jpeg, I don't know why that would be. Daniel??
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

That iso25600 shot looks pretty good to me.
    It will be interesting, when the DXO guys have had their way with the 5DIII, to see how much of the improvement is due to computing and how much is due to the sensor itself.

I'm resigned to waiting a week or two (or more) for my 5DIII. Ah well. The longer the wait, the sweeter the reward.

Wow, that picture looks OK Steve. Congrats on your new 5dmk3
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Sorry, I goofed, Steve is correct. I went back and checked and we only loaded JPEGs in LR3, none were in raw.
    Here is a MK III shot at ISO 800, f/8.0, 1/2000 sec. with a 70-200 2.8 IS attached. Shooting kinda towards the sun, used flash.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_41C0877.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	703