Page 75 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Re: Post Your Best Portrait Shots!

Playing in the grass today with my 3 year-old. 7D and EF 100L Macro. ISO 100, f/4, 1/320s.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1024x1024/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/1256.IMG_5F00_4710.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1024x1024/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/7380.IMG_5F00_4703.jpg[/img]

My wife cooperating with my desire to do natural light shots with my still relatively new 50mm.

5DII + 50mm f/1.2: 1/250 @ f/1.2 ISO 100

My nephew, who was very interested in this big white thing pointed at him all the time. Made it easy to get pictures of those big blue eyes.

5DII + 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II: 1/100 @ f/2.8 ISO 320

My new niece with her Grandma. I darkened the background in an attempt to make it less distracting, what do you think?

5DII + 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II: 1/160 @ f/2.8 ISO 250

Daddy thought giving him a cupcake would be a good idea. I bet Mommy was unhappy with Daddy after this little mess.

5DII + 24-70mm f/2.8: 1/80 @ f/3.2 ISO 400

- Trowski

Hi Brian

Love your pictures.[] I perhaps (and I'm no expert in portraits) would have set the 50mm up to around f4.5 shutter around 250, realizing that the ISO will go up. ISO 800 is still a reasonable bet with the 5DMKII. Niece & Grandma same thing. F6.3, shutter 250, ISO as high as 800. [:^)]

I love the last the cup cake wrestle. Very nice. [Y]

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy
    Hi Brian

Actually my name is Aaron. [8-|]

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy
    I perhaps (and I'm no expert in portraits) would have set the 50mm up to around f4.5 shutter around 250, realizing that the ISO will go up.

I'm no expert in portraits either, but I'm not sure if stopping down would really give me the effect desired in most portraits I see. Usually I try and minimize DoF. However f/1.2 may give a DoF too narrow, since her right eye is OOF, which some may not like that appearance. I'm still in the learning stage with the 50mm f/1.2, but I like most of the results I've gotten with it - seems to be the master of creamy bokeh.
    - Trowski

Hi Aaron. Sorry calling you Brian. [:$].

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

There

Tkerr, Great shots of your little one----these are definately wall worthy, but........I can't help but think this boy is going to be a master manipulator with nothing but a smile[]. Keep your wallet close and the neighborhood girls as far away as possible. Again, great shots

Thanks for sharing,

Bob
    Bob

I finally got around to posting the cap & gown and casual favorites from Katherine's session...

I had several favorites from this session, but chose these three because they represented a good, diverse cross-section of the shoot as a whole (sitting, standing, closeup--as well as three different wardrobes).

Top work again Sean, I like the light on the second image the best, it is very even and very natural.

You must need a whole car full of gear to get so much consistent natural light.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    You must need a whole car full of gear to get so much consistent natural light.

Right now I'm at the point where my Mustang GT (with two 10in subs in the trunk) can't fit it all. I had a photography assistant actually bring some additional gear for this shoot that I couldn't fit in my car (the gear was a Paul C. Buff 22" HOBD and an umbrella, and we used neither during the shoot).