Page 76 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

That is a very rare Toucan you

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8270.Bluebird_2D00_1_5F00_EXIF.png[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2821.Bluebird_2D00_1.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2705.Bluebird_2D00_2_5F00_EXIF.png[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7178.Bluebird_2D00_2.jpg[/img]

Here are a couple of Bluebirds I shot this AM - these are 100% crops. EXIF shown above. Post processing in Aperture 3.0 (Auto Enhance)+crop and straighten.

I am new to shooting RAW images and post-processing is not my strong point. BUT - I am eager to learn and open to critique.

Thanks!!

Paul

Hi! Paul, those are nice shots for a 100% cropped picture.good direct front lighting and properly exposed, color looks pretty good too. if you can get closer to the bird, you will get better result, also as Fast Glass has discussed few days ago in this thread, ISO 500 may not be a good choice. see here

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

Hi! Paul, those are nice shots for a 100% cropped picture.good direct front lighting and properly exposed, color looks pretty good too. if you can get closer to the bird, you will get better result, also as Fast Glass has discussed few days ago in this thread, ISO 500 may not be a good choice. see here

Thanks! I'll be sure to pay more attention to the ISO - I believe it was set to AUTO this morning. [:$] As for getting closer, my yard doesn't provide much cover and spent most of the morning trying.

Paul

Gray Catbird (first time I ever saw one & I had to look, it up to identify)

Cool! Looks like he

Nice bluebird photos, Paul! Even uncropped, when I shoot at ISO 800 my photos are very noisy! 100% crop?? I see this posted alot here ..not quite sure how to tell when I

Thanks Denise! Somebody might correct me but I take 100% crop to mean that the displayed image is showing at 1:1 pixel resolution. In other words you can

Denise, if your using your 7D, your images shouldn

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    Denise, if your using your 7D, your images shouldn't be that noisy at ISO 800.

Hi Jayson,

I think when I get home from work today I'm going to take a few photos @ ISO 800 and ISO 1600 and maybe post a few to get opinions. I don't shoot that high too often and maybe it was just that way before I did my sensor cleaning. I'm not sure but we'll see.

Denise