Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

I spotted one on sale on Monday here in London and got to get a feel of it and was immediately sold to the idea this is basically the 5D2 we always wanted, and had to drag myself out of the shop. I've got a 1Dx on pre-order, but have seriously contemplated replacing my 1Ds3 with one of these, and still am to be honest, despite the fact I really like the construction of a 1D body, and their ability to take a bit of a bashing

Got another back ordered email today.

Guess I'm not in the second freakin shipment either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Got another back ordered email today.

Guess I'm not in the second freakin shipment either.

Ditto

A lesson I learned about three years ago. If you want your pre-order first you should order it from the local camera store. B&H has great pricing and I like their service. But they don’t lead the field in pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    A lesson I learned about three years ago. If you want your pre-order first you should order it from the local camera store. B&H has great pricing and I like their service. But they don’t lead the field in pre-orders.
    That was my 1st ever pre-order. B&H is my go to for most of my purchases so I didn't even think about it. Amazon is actually my next go to. I wonder if I would have faired better with them? I actually read a tweet about the official Canon annoucement when I woke up that morning and quickly opened my B&H app on my iPhone to make my pre-order. Hopefully their stock is replenished soon. If there is a next time, I'm sure I'll take your advice though :-)
    Last edited by Mark Elberson; 03-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    That was my 1st ever pre-order. B&H is my go to for most of my purchases so I didn't even think about it. Amazon is actually my next go to. I wonder if I would have faired better with them? I actually read a tweet about the official Canon annoucement when I woke up that morning and quickly opened my B&H app on my iPhone to make my pre-order. Hopefully their stock is replenished soon. If there is a next time, I'm sure I'll take your advice though :-)
    I pre-ordered a few lenses from the local camera shop. They always arrived well before any one got their order from B&H. The reason probably is that all the shops get a few cameras, and at the local camera shop I was always first on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    I pre-ordered a few lenses from the local camera shop. They always arrived well before any one got their order from B&H. The reason probably is that all the shops get a few cameras, and at the local camera shop I was always first on the list.
    There's a small shop close to my office. I'm going to give them a call and see if they have any.

B&H update:

I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. The next shipment will be on April 2nd. After that the next shipment will not be until May.
    Last edited by Mark Elberson; 03-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I just pulled the trigger on a 5D....although, it was of the "...Mark II Refurbished" variety.

Congrats Sean, good on you.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur