Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 5D MKIII, done it, anybody else??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Congrats Sean, good on you.
    Yeah. I'm always a bit behind the times. Right now I'm sitting here listening to my vinyl collection wearing bell-bottoms and a Jedi warrior t-shirt...

Congrats Sean. Now it's out of stock, looks like you got one of the last ones of this batch.

Congrats on the purchase Sean. Great deal on a very great camera. Lets see some test shots to make sure it works. Don't forget autofocus tracking! That's a biggie. JK

Congrats Sean. Someday I hope to do the same.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    Right now I'm sitting here listening to my vinyl collection wearing bell-bottoms...
    What's wrong with bell-bottoms?...
    Glad you got the deal on the camera. The first time I checked, they were gone. Guess they stocked up again.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Well done Sean
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

I Touched It!! ... (that's what she said?)

I suppose it's the closest i'm getting for now, I can't afford that lovely beast of a thing.
    I kins of feel compelled to advertise, seeing as the guy was so nice. I caught the train to Sydney Town Hall, got lost in a maze getting out, saw a JB Hifi (that's as good a direcions as you're getting, I'm sure a local could find it), randomly thought i'd check to see if they had stock, and they did.
    Then even more randomly just jokingly asked if i could play with it, no only did he let me, he asked what lens I wanted to use "the 16-35, or the 70-200?". First I stuck on my Samyang 35, then after realsising I didn't have any FF primes (samyang 35, FL 55/1.2, EFs 15-85 is travelling as light as I can think of), he just shoved the 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II on it.
    Focusing = Wow. I'm saying better than 7D, with all my familiarity and practice with it, 5D3 beats it straight out of the box (actually, no idea what AF mode it was set on). Surely the 70-200L helped things a bit, that focusses fast too.
    But yeah, user interface, very nice, I only had a few minutes to play with it (I felt bad wasting his time when I wasn't going to buy it), but I stuck it in raw+jpg and snapped a few frames very easily. Menus are very 7Desque, just a bit graphically nicer.

Anyway, I'm on my work laptop until saturday so no uploading samples for now (although, maybe I could download DPP from somewhere and/or at least get the jpgs off the camera tomorrow night).

In short, that visa card in my pocket may not survive until next week, it may have to be sacrificed for the good of me saving money for a house, i'm very tempted to go back (although for $4200, i'd get in less trouble buying online...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson View Post
    B&H update:

I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. The next shipment will be on April 2nd. After that the next shipment will not be until May.
    I don't mind waiting a week or two, but May? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle View Post
    I don't mind waiting a week or two, but May? Ugh.
    Three shipments in I would hope I'd be in this one. I mean I ordered less than nine hours after it was announced!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnston View Post
    Three shipments in I would hope I'd be in this one. I mean I ordered less than nine hours after it was announced!!!
    And I less than six hours!!! I just got off the phone with a local shop and pre-ordered there. First he said that he was expecting a shipment of two and then he said that I am number two on the list! If all goes well I will be canceling my B&H order :-)