<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Hello everybody!<o></o>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I have this Rebel XTi which appears to be severely front focusing. <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]I bought it new 3 years ago as my first SLR. I can tell you I felt it had this focusing problem from the day one. Well back than I did not have enough experience to identify the problem and I thought maybe the kit lens is not that good. Then I thought, well maybe the Tamron 17-50 2.8 is not good either. And then I convinced myself the DOF of my Canon 50 1.4 is too shallow even stopped down a bit. You need not pixel peep your photos I was telling myself. Well until I picked up a <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]Canon 10-22 and a 70-200 F4 IS L which both gave me less than staller IQ for the majority of the pictures taken.

I got curious, what if I adjust a focusing ring a bit&hellip; and voila &ndash; tack sharp images. Ran numerous experiments with different subjects under the different lightning and everywhere the same tendency &ndash; whether AF of MF (lens at its widest obviously), should I tweak focusing ring a bit towards infinity pictures come out perfectly sharp.

Long story short Canon wants $210 for repairs, local camera repair shop asks $290 which is a complete rip-off. I strongly believe there should be a software method for such calibration since such capability is built in into modern Canon DSLRs.

Does anybody have a suggestion how I can tackle this problem without paying 70-80% cost of this body?

Thanks!<o></o>