Thread: American Robin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

American Robin

This is one of many I took this morning.

Re: American Robin

Nice shots Denice. You must be feeding this guy. He looks kinda fat.

Mark
    Mark

To Mark,

Mabye, but they also like to puff there feathers so it's kinda hard to tell.

To Denise,

Nice shots Denise. I like the last one the best, it has the cleanest background and I like the composition.

To tkerr,

I think its a nice shot but there are a couple things that definitely could be improved;

It's very noisy! Try using a good noise reduction software, there are lots of full featured trials on the web. The best I have used is DxO and there a quite a few here that use it too and like it very much also.

Try to brighten the Robin up a little, especially the underneath him and on the head. Ideally a flash with the better beamerwould be perfectforilluminating the shadows.

Did you shoot RAW, thats very important because in a very noisy picture like that you have a couple more stops of noise reduction headroom than tiff or Jpeg.

If this is cropped try give a litte more room in front of the Robin, if not try cropping it so there is less room behind him. That will give a sense of direction and where he is starring at.

Hope that helps,

John.