Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you carry in you camera bag?

what do you carry in you camera bag?

So I have been watching a buchof youtube videos of what's in my camera bag soooo

What do you carry as far as photography gear and accessories
    In you bag is there something you could not live with out is there something you allways leave behind

Make a list of what you carry and take some photo or put a link to a video

I will put mine up in a day or so

Re: what do you carry in you camera bag?

My kit is fairly limited, but here ya go,

In the closet: Canon XTI, Battery Grip, kit lens

In the kit: Canon 50D, Battery Grip, 4 batterys, 2-8 gig CFcards, 2-4 gig CF cards, Canon 100-400L, Canon 24-105L, Canon 10-22, Canon 2x Extender(don't use much),Circular Polarizer,shutter release, cleaning stuff. Canon 580 EXII Flash, Lens and body Caps, instruction books for the camera and flash--And I carry a monopodand tripod in the vehicle.

When the wife goes with me, she shoots the XTI with the 24-105L--or if I am going to be out for an extended period, I'll take the XTI.

My bags---Canon Gadget Bag, Lowpro Holster that can fit the 100-400L, Lowpro Sling 300---Great for hikeing but can get heavy if fully loaded, and a pelican 1510 hardcase for storage and traveling.

On my "next to buy list": Canon 70-200 2.8L IS, Good tripod and ball head.

On my "dream" list: Canon 500F4L, Canon 1Dmk IV

When I win the Lottery: Canon 400 F2.8 L

When I am CEO of Microsoft: Canon 1200 L(B&H has a used one for $120,000)--of course, I would also need a tank to mount it on.

Bob

1D Mark III always goes. 40D goes if desired (and if its owner isn't shooting too...). XTi goes if desired. G9 is the second person's spare camera, especially if we'll be in two different spots.

Four main lenses: 16-35, 24-105, 50/1.8, 70-200/2.8IS. 28-135 is the "second-out" walkaround, 18-55IS is the "second-out" wide.

Four 580EX II flashes: Three usually go in my bag, as I have four PW triggers. Fourth goes on second camera.

Enough memory cards for the shoot. Some get left behind in "time-out" until I've worked through all of the post-processing for the event that's on those cards. I just feel safer if I don't erase them too quickly.

Flash modifier kit, mostly from Honl: speed straps to hold everything on flashes, two gobos, two snoots, a bag of warming gels, a bag of cooling/greening gels, a bag of diffusion gels.

Nature Trekker bag holds most of what I'm taking, as long as I add a LensCase 4 on the outside for the 70-200 most of the time. Slingshot 200 holds her typical gear load (40D, 1-2 lenses, flash, memory cards, batteries) or my overflow.

The depends-on-the-shoot list includes two external battery packs for the flashes, two OC-E3 off-camera flash cords, two Bogen Superclamps, four lightstands (three 7' 001Bs, one 10'), a bunch of other gel colors, flash batteries, USB tethering cable, etc. The Superclamps are usually used to separate the flashes from the Pocket Wizards using the OC-E3 cords, but I've also used them to do a high and a low flash on one stand. I also have a "custom" belt/suspenders from Lowepro that I use on the long/mobile shoots, in which case the Nature Trekker holds bodies and batteries, and the belt holds two lenses, two flashes, memory cards, a few batteries, and a water bottle. We have an old Tamrac shoulder bag that becomes her overflow bag when we rent more gear for her.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

What do I carry
    Well let's start at bags
    I use a lowepro stealth reporter 550 and a lowepro computrekker plus aw

My 550 is my goto street bag it carrys
    2 Canon 30D bodies
    With battery grips
    a canon 16-35mm L
    a canon 24-70mm L
    a canon 70-200mm L
    2x 580ex flash heads off shoe camera cords
    a custom brackets mini rc flash bracket
    8x4 sets of double AAs
    8x 4gb lexar cf cards
    4x 8gb lexar sd cards
    a Lexar pro usb reader
    a cullman mini tripod
    a flash ligh
    a small screwdriver
    A lens cloth and fluid
    8x camera batteries
    x-rite color checker
    x-rite white balance jvc ms120 pockt cam
    Business cards of course
    That's all I pack in the shoulder bag on big trips t both bags go and the computrekker plus get filled with

No bodies in this bag
    a canon 300mm 2.8 L
    a canon 180mm 3.5 L
    Any where from 2-6 Lacie rugged 500gb drives for on location
    All of the needed chargers

3 pocket wizard multis
    Arca-swiss Z1 DP head
    With plates for lenses
    A bubble level
    Lumedyne mega cyc

The non photography gear when traveling long distances for jobs like flying I take these to bag as carry-on and nothing else these just fit under the size limits

But I would also pack a northface jacket a few pairs of pants a few shirts a hat and glasses

I think that's about it that is our goto system
    What goes everywhere with me

Good luck in your work
    I want to read some more of these in the future

wow. At all of you. My kit is an XTI, Sigma 150mm 2.8 Macro, 28-105 3.5-4.5 II, two spare batteries, a single 2GB card, and a plastic garbage bag, cause the bag isn't waterproof (incase it rains etc) The bag is a cheap over the shoulder top loader that doesn't quite hold the camera + 150. The other lens sits in a pocket.

I keep an updated list on my profile. []

Wow... so my gear seems fairly modest by comparison.

Always with me are.:

50D; 17-40L; 70-200 f4 L; 60mm Macro; 580exII; one 8G and one 32G CF card; 2extra camera batts; 2 sets of flash refill AAs; and a mini 13 inch diffuser umbrella (just gotta find a human boom); CTR-301p trigger/receiver. My wife has a 50 f1.4 for her camera, so I get to borrow it sometimes... []

WhatI would like?

1Dmark IV; 300mm f2.8; 24-70 f2.8; 70-200 f2.8 IS,Some pocket wizards.

I went to a wedding the other day and the "still" portrait photog snubbed my 70-200 f4 [] but then they ended up needing it, so I felt justified.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

For me depends on where I go:

For work around cities:

- Lowepro Fastpack 250 backpack, 5D MK II, 32GB CF Card, 270EX, 16-35 f2.8L USM, 24-105 f4L IS USM, B+W slim 77mm CPL, Gitzo GT1541T + GH1780QR Ballhead and one extra 5D MKII battery

For any indoor or outdoor events:

- Lowepro Classified 250 shoulder bag, 5D MK II + Battery grip, 1D MK III + extra battery, 2x 32GB CF cards, 1x 16GB SDHC card, 580EX II, 270EX, 16-35 f2.8L USM, 24-70 f2.8L USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, 50 f1.2L USMand lots backup recharger AA batteries

For sport events:

- Lowepro Fastpack 250 backpack, 5D MK II + Battery grip, 1D MK III + extra battery, 2x 32GB CF cards, 1x 16GB SDHC card, 580EX II, 270EX, 300 f2.8L IS USM, 1.4x Ext, 16-35 f2.8L USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS USM, Gitzo GM5561T monopod + Wimberley Arca-type QR adapter C-10andsome backup recharger AA batteries

For Zoo, wildlife, birds etc...:

- Lowepro Fastpack 250 backpack, 5D MK II + Battery grip, 1D MK III + extra battery, 2x 32GB CF cards, 1x 16GB SDHC card, 580EX II, 270EX, 300 f2.8L IS USM, 1.4x Ext, 16-35 f2.8L USM, 70-200 f4L IS USM, 100 Macro f2.8L IS USM,Gitzo GM5561T monopod + Wimberley Arca-type QR adapter C-10andsome backup recharger AA batteries

For dinner, family, etc.... (light package):

- No bag, 5D MK II + extra battery, 270EX, 50 f1.2L USM and few backup rechager AA batteries

Sometimes lens may change around :P

What do I carry in my camera bag? Way too much, it seems, especially every time I pick it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Fink_Studios
    What do I carry
    Well let's start at bags
    I use a lowepro stealth reporter 550 and a lowepro computrekker plus aw

My 550 is my goto street bag it carrys
    2 Canon 30D bodies
    With battery grips
    a canon 16-35mm L
    a canon 24-70mm L
    a canon 70-200mm L
    2x 580ex flash heads off shoe camera cords
    a custom brackets mini rc flash bracket
    8x4 sets of double AAs
    8x 4gb lexar cf cards
    4x 8gb lexar sd cards
    a Lexar pro usb reader
    a cullman mini tripod
    a flash ligh
    a small screwdriver
    A lens cloth and fluid
    8x camera batteries
    x-rite color checker
    x-rite white balance jvc ms120 pockt cam
    Business cards of course
    That's all I pack in the shoulder bag on big trips t both bags go and the computrekker plus get filled with

No bodies in this bag
    a canon 300mm 2.8 L
    a canon 180mm 3.5 L
    Any where from 2-6 Lacie rugged 500gb drives for on location
    All of the needed chargers

3 pocket wizard multis
    Arca-swiss Z1 DP head
    With plates for lenses
    A bubble level
    Lumedyne mega cyc

The non photography gear when traveling long distances for jobs like flying I take these to bag as carry-on and nothing else these just fit under the size limits

But I would also pack a northface jacket a few pairs of pants a few shirts a hat and glasses

I think that's about it that is our goto system
    What goes everywhere with me

Good luck in your work
    I want to read some more of these in the future
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Dude. Just some guidance from me to you.

Breathe.

Use punctuation.

Use the space bar.

It's not a race.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.