Thread: Need suggestions for Canon5DMkII viewfiender hood/eyecup

Need suggestions for Canon5DMkII viewfiender hood/eyecup

One of the few problems I have with the camera is about not being to see the status line at the bottom of the viewfinder image in bright sunlight...the ambient light makes it very dim. Anyone have suggestions for an aggressive thick viewfinder spongy eyecup or hood?

Re: Need suggestions for Canon5DMkII viewfiender hood/eyecup

I use the Hoodman eyecup and it's great. It also decreases smears on the LCD screen, by pulling your face away from the LCD screen.

Just readjust the eyepiece diopter after you install it.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=H%2DEYEC18L

I also use one of these for viewing the LCD screen in bright Sunlight. I wear it aroundmy neck.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=H%2DLPP3

Rich

Re: Need suggestions for Canon5DMkII viewfiender hood/eyecup

Hi sdean:

Welcome to the forum! I have used Hoodman products also and can say that they are of excellent quality. I have the right angle viewer. I would like to add to Richards comment about the eye cup. If you wear glasses with the curve of the eye cup you will need to take them off to use the eye cup properly so it functions as it should. Trying to use it with glasses is a good lesson in futility because there is still a fair amount of light that leeks in due to not having a good forming seal to the glasses lens.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"]</input><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>