Thread: Monitor Calibration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I write this wondering if you, especially those of you with calibrated monitors, can comment on my recent photos (starting with the recent waterfall trip). Let me see if anything seems out of whack.
    Jealousy prevents me from commenting on your photos (Still waiting for the Green with Envy Emoticon).

Being an old fart I now get my eyes checked every couple of years. While I was discussing colour vision with my Optometrist, he just happened to mention that I had a slight Colour Blindness. I was more than a little surprised, I have had glasses most of my life, yet it had never been mentioned before. He told me that most Optometrists only check the basics (for safety related problems like Red & Green for traffic lights) or they don't bother to tell the person about a small problem.

I have a slight problem with green, in that I have trouble telling the difference between shades of green. This means that I sometime get the amount of colour enhancement wrong and greens are either overdone or underdone.

I have seen interviews with a number of famous photographers who only shoot in Black & White, is this because of the eye sight?

Is it our monitors or is it us? So how many of us have a slight problem with colour vision? Now that I understand that I have a sight colour vision problem I now realise that I cannot trust my vision, so I must trust the tools.

PS: For genetic reasons, Men are far more likely to have problems with colour vision. So the next time you get your eyes tested ask your optometrist for a full colour vision test, you may be in for a surprise.
    Last edited by Raid; 06-21-2015 at 10:31 PM.
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss