Thread: Graduated Neutral Density filters---seeking advice

Graduated Neutral Density filters---seeking advice

I am in the market for a set of graduated neutral density filters and would like to know what your thoughts are regarding manufacturers. When it comes to filters, normally I go with B+W or Heliopans, but neither of these manufactures seem to make the 4x5 or 4x6. I want the rectangle because I would like to be able to adjust the line as needed. Any suggestions on manufacturers of high quality rectangle filters is appreciated.

Thanks

Bob
    Bob

Re: Graduated Neutral Density filters---seeking advice

I believe that Cokin makes a filter holder that will take rectangular filters. I don't have on but will be purchasing in the next couple of weeks. Singh-Ray makes gelatin filters designed by professional photographers, I think they are about $100 each. Hope this helps.

Check out Singh Ray. They have rectangles sized for Cokin or Lee holders.

Bob;

Here's the advice Bryan Carnathan gave me when I asked him the question concerning a trip to the Southwest;
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]"If you choose to go with a split ND filter(s) (and they have some definite advantages), definitely go with a square filter holder and square filters. The screw-on versions are extremely limiting. Lee is one example. My guess is something in the 2-stop range is going to be useful."
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]I looked at the Lee product at a shop and they seemed to beinfinitely adjustable and quality materials.....no, I didn't purchase...I decided to go w/a 10-22 lens instead.
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 11pt;"]