Hi folks,

I love this site, I was never disappointed when following its recommendations.

I own a XTi (400D) body but I am getting somehow frustrated when shooting my three daughters (3 and twin girls 18 months). ISO 400 maybe ISO 800 with Noisenija postprocessing is the limit plus the AF is soso plus 6 pictures in a row is not really enough.

As I live in Japan I can get good used camera bodies at acceptable prices. I am hesitating to upgrading to either a 1 D MARK II (fast, high ISO, resolution of only 8mega is not an issue ?), 5D (probably more for landscapes?)or 50D (new, modern, but 15 MP for what ?) body, all selling around 1000 US$.

Which body is the best for photographing toddlers (they move a lot indeed!), I heard that the Nikon D700 is a dream machine, but I do not want to sell all my Canon gear just because some believe that the D700 may be better.

The body's weight is not an issue, limited indoor light and quickest autofocus plus a lot of RAW or JPEG shutters in a row is what I need....

I own the 85mm 1.8, the 70-200mm F/4 IS and the 28-70mm 2.8 lenses, all of which are great.

Any hint ? []

Thanks !

Thomas