Thread: New image

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK. Took four more pictures. All at aperature priorty, auto ISO. Used auto ISO just so I could get an idea what ISO the camera would select. Here are links to two of the photos. Both are untouched. The first is standard exposure, F4.0 ISO 100 at 70mm The second is the same but with the exposure bumped +1.0 There was not quite as much sun when I was shooting today. The 1.0 exposure bump definetely looks better. I thought it may be a bit over exposed but if I use auto tone in light room it actually increases the exposure more. Focus was on pine in center of shot. Clarity and lack of noise at that pine seem to be pretty good. The woods behind are pushing toward the outer edge of focus. Will go back tomorrow and shoot same shots at 200mm. Will also try with exposure bumped 1.0 and ISO forced at 100 to see what kind of shutter speeds I get.

First Image: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Second Image: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoods Bill View Post
    Will also try with exposure bumped 1.0 and ISO forced at 100 to see what kind of shutter speeds I get.
    Also try ISO 200. Without IS the rule of thumb with a FF camera is shutter = focal length. At 200mm you will like a shutter of 1/200 or faster. I think the rule of thumb goes with crop factor. Your Rebel 1.6 crop factor will need 1/320. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Of course if your lens has IS then you can possibly go somewhere around 1/60 or 1/80.
    Mark

Clemmb,

It is an image stabilized lens. 70-200 F4 L IS USM