Page 298 of 558 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Wow, this one sure isn't as dark and saturated as the first! I'll have to work on it more I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    That would make a great tattoo Denise.
    Nice shot, very artistic.
    Thank you, Steve!

Denise, even better than I had imagined.
    Now I don't have any experience in what is the best way to turn that into business, through prints on your website or by approaching a company that sells prints and maybe even bumper stickers and things like that. But I think it would sell.

Great job

Arnt

I recently sold my version II 2X teleconverter and purchased version III after reading numerous reviews about how much better it was in terms of sharpness and IQ.

This Goldfinch was in a shaded spot in an oak tree in my front yard probably 50 feet away, to me, the image looks pretty darn good considering it was relatively poor light and slow SS, what say you all?

1D MIV
    500mm f/4l + 2X TC III
    Tripod
    ISO 1000
    f/8
    1/80
    manual mode, evaluative metering
    580 EXII + Better Beamer ETTL -2 1/3
    Only the center AF works at f/8

Another test image at 1000mm, this time in much better light the sharpness is really nice. No doubt in my mind the Version III 2X TC is much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    I recently sold my version II 2X teleconverter and purchased version III after reading numerous reviews about how much better it was in terms of sharpness and IQ.

This Goldfinch was in a shaded spot in an oak tree in my front yard probably 50 feet away, to me, the image looks pretty darn good considering it was relatively poor light and slow SS, what say you all?
    Well Joel, I can't compare to any of your previous shots because I don't ever recall you using the 2xII. But...Compared to shots with my 2xII, this is very impressive. Infact, I only used my 2xII a couple of times and since then it has only been used for a paper wait. So....Congrats---This looks like a good buy.--Love the shot of the Finch and the Bluebird as well. The bluebird is my favorite. As always NIce work.
    Bob

Very nice, Joel! I have been considering selling my 100-400mm & 70-200mm f4 IS and getting the 70-200mm f2.8 II IS and the 2x III extender. Do you think it would work well for birding?

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Very nice, Joel! I have been considering selling my 100-400mm & 70-200mm f4 IS and getting the 70-200mm f2.8 II IS and the 2x III extender. Do you think it would work well for birding?
    Yes, definitely...don't know if you follow Arthur Morris (BirdsAsArt.com) but he has been a big fan of that exact combo and has produced excellent results.

Quote Originally Posted by bob williams View Post
    Well Joel, I can't compare to any of your previous shots because I don't ever recall you using the 2xII. But...Compared to shots with my 2xII, this is very impressive. Infact, I only used my 2xII a couple of times and since then it has only been used for a paper wait. So....Congrats---This looks like a good buy.--Love the shot of the Finch and the Bluebird as well. The bluebird is my favorite. As always NIce work.
    Thanks Bob.....sell your version II paper weight and re-invest in the new one, with your 7D you will really see some detail on those skittish birds that won't let you get too close.

@Joel; I tried the 1.4 III versions a while back, and really didn’t see much difference in IQ. In sharpness the III version made the 500mm less sharp in the center and a just a shade sharper on the edges. Overall I didn’t think it was a worthy upgrade, in fact no upgrade at all, and I sent it back. I wasn’t completely convinced I had a good copy.

It looks like you have a good copy of the 2x III. You are right, Arthur Morris swears by the 70-200mm F/2.8 with 2x III extender combination; however he does put the sales pitch out for Canon. I might give it a try for the 70-200mm and if it works well with the 500mm it would just be a bonus.