Thread: Introduction and some photos

Cool Introduction and some photos

Hello! Been lurking here for quite a while, looking at reviews and alot of the wonderful photos by members. I've been into photography from about age 10. Though, I only really got seriously into it about a year and half ago when I purchased a T3i with 18-55 kit, and a 55-250. Quickly I upgraded to a 24-105L as recommended highly by Brian in his review. What a great lens! I've been bitten by the L-Bug...

I thought I'd share a few of my photos from the last year or so and see what others thought. Any tips and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Until I can figure out how to post images here, this is a link to my Flickr. Please take a look!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88291641@N06/

Thanks, Micah

Hey Micah, Welcome to TDP.

Flickr is one of the easiest places to post images from. Above your image is a row of buttons. Click on the last one (Share). Under 'Grab the HTML/BBCode', select BBCode, then choose a size. The forum's maximum width is around 800 pixels. Pick the largest size that has a width of, or under, 800. Copy the entire text that is in the edit box (directly above the size selection box). Paste into your post. If you hit 'preview' or 'go advanced' when editing your post you should see your image as it will appear to everyone.

It sounds like a lot of steps, but it's pretty simple and quick once you've done it a few times.

Hi Micah -

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your shots. You have done a great job with the portrait shots especially, nailing the focus and bokeh. I recognize the skyline shots as being from Edmonton Alberta ---- I used to live there for a while. Nice job with those, and I also happen to like the sparkle effect from using a small aperture. You must have been up fairly late to get those shots, since the date tagged is right at summer solstice.

If you have the L-Disease you are in very good company here... I have to advise you that there is no cure however!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Hi Micah -

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your shots. You have done a great job with the portrait shots especially, nailing the focus and bokeh. I recognize the skyline shots as being from Edmonton Alberta ---- I used to live there for a while. Nice job with those, and I also happen to like the sparkle effect from using a small aperture. You must have been up fairly late to get those shots, since the date tagged is right at summer solstice.

If you have the L-Disease you are in very good company here... I have to advise you that there is no cure however!
    Jonathan is right, no cure for the "L-disease", only treatment. Try injuring yourself. Medical bills go a long way toward wiping out your camera lens savings account. Oh wait, if you are in Canada you might not be able to use this treatment option.
    My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II

Hi Micah, and welcome! You've got some great shots in your portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Jonathan, I don't know what you're talking about...

Denial is not usually a symptom of L disease....
    Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Hi Micah, and welcome! You've got some great shots in your portfolio.

Jonathan, I don't know what you're talking about...
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Denial is not usually a symptom of L disease....
    Just like any other addiction. Btw there is no such thing as L-Disease

Welcome to the self-help group.
    And I agree, really nice pictures. Please keep sharing
    Last edited by ahab1372; 10-09-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    Arnt

Thanks for the feedback guys! And yes, I am in Canada so use of illness to break the L-Bug won't help.